Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Mad Monk
    replied
    There is the problem. I don't want to engage the ******* you guys refuse to ban but if I don't engage him he is free to spread lies about me unchallenged. Slander. Look it up.
    If he was doing this at WPC or another site that shares posters with this one, would you ask them to ban him, too?

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    I don't see why. To use a personal example, about six months ago Kid repeatedly claimed I'd admitted to being a habitual liar or something like that. He wouldn't retract it or make any effort to back it up, culminating in the ridiculous giraffe incident where I turned the tables somewhat. In the end, though, I just put him on ignore and forgot about it. The lies of the deranged are meaningless, especially if nobody believes them. And in your case, if anybody did believe them it wouldn't matter. You want to claim I was banned from WPC? Go right ahead.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    You miss the point.

    Ben can go on about Stalin and Churchill signing the Treaty of Versailles until the alter boys come home but when he starts talking about me the issue changes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    Admin here is pretty laissez-faire, you know. BK was only banned last time because what he said constituted assault or some such. And compared to the far more offensive and outrageous lies he regularly indulges in, falsely claiming you were barred from the pandarast site is nothing. Even if this were a standalone incident, it'd be nothing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    I don't know where the first one was (it was awhile ago). The second one is in the Catholics thread.

    Ben post 229.

    Here is the proof it is a lie.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    So that is your slander policy then? It doesn't count if the recipient complains and objects?

    Nice.

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    I still have no idea what the posts are BTW.

    Report them or link them in here. I read a very, very tiny fraction of what is posted here.

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    It is my understand that he wasn't posting lies about you unchallenged because you were challenging them?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    However, my view would be that someone claiming someone was banned at some near deserted internet forum or other is so extremely trivial that the only action required is to say "no I wasn't".
    There is the problem. I don't want to engage the ******* you guys refuse to ban but if I don't engage him he is free to spread lies about me unchallenged. Slander. Look it up.

    Especially when the accuser is someone who has such a terrible reputation for honesty.


    All the more reason to BAN HIM ALREADY.

    That's the kind of nonsense that Asher used to cause a massive fuss about and my view was always "who cares, get a life".


    Asher enjoys "debating" with Ben. I don't.

    Claiming someone is a kiddy fiddler is potentially quite serious and disproportionate as a response.
    I asked if the rumour was true.


    But I haven't seen the context yet, from what's posted in here sounds like nothing needs doing.
    Nero.

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    I'm saying I don't know or care what happened on another forum. I have no way to verify who is lying and absolutely no interest in finding out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    I haven't read any of the posts involved, if someone links them I could have a look.

    However, my view would be that someone claiming someone was banned at some near deserted internet forum or other is so extremely trivial that the only action required is to say "no I wasn't". Especially when the accuser is someone who has such a terrible reputation for honesty. That's the kind of nonsense that Asher used to cause a massive fuss about and my view was always "who cares, get a life".

    Claiming someone is a kiddy fiddler is potentially quite serious and disproportionate as a response.

    But I haven't seen the context yet, from what's posted in here sounds like nothing needs doing.
    So you are saying repeated lies about other posters are okay?

    I got it and will behave accordingly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
    Is this about the fact that you once was banned on WPC, that was discussed WEEKS ago?
    You should let WPC know. They are apparently unaware of it. Offer some proof or shut the **** up.

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    I just said it was worse than saying someone was banned from a forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    We're not allowed to call people kiddy fiddlers now? ****ing nazi moderators..

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    I haven't read any of the posts involved, if someone links them I could have a look.

    However, my view would be that someone claiming someone was banned at some near deserted internet forum or other is so extremely trivial that the only action required is to say "no I wasn't". Especially when the accuser is someone who has such a terrible reputation for honesty. That's the kind of nonsense that Asher used to cause a massive fuss about and my view was always "who cares, get a life".

    Claiming someone is a kiddy fiddler is potentially quite serious and disproportionate as a response.

    But I haven't seen the context yet, from what's posted in here sounds like nothing needs doing.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X