I think we are trying for some place in the middle. No one wants a nanny state, because it is boring. Yet, I don't think most people want a total troll forum, where a few people ruin it for everybody. There is nothing wrong with heated discussions... as long as they remain discussions and not just pure hate fests. Back and forth is fine, but not where a few posters intentionally want to be total asses and inflict their BS on everybody else.
Somewhere in the middle is fine by me.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
I think that this crap is well timed because it will help people make an informed decision: do they want a forum where somebody can post a boring thread without it being **** on by vindictive or sanctimonious schmucks, or do they want the schmucks to have free reign? It's certainly not a clear cut decision - the first type of forum will probably be more pleasant but will almost certainly be more boring, whereas the second type of forum will be full of awfulness but that's what some people want. I thought we were trying to become more like the first type of forum after having headed down the second path for quite some time - if I'm mistaken then that's all well and good, and in that case I wish Kidicious and Ben the best of luck in their forum.
Leave a comment:
-
It's kind of ironic that Kidicious is showing his true colors in a thread about "OT Rules/Conduct Discussion"
I think Darwin would have something to say about that
Leave a comment:
-
"Hey, could you please stop ruining the forum?"
"Never, you Nazi! Now I'm going to make it even worse!"
Leave a comment:
-
Even they had limits, but there's nothing worse than a nazi, so I couldn't describe you with a better term.Originally posted by loinburger View PostPretty sure that the Nazis never enacted any anti-thread****ting legislation, but sure, whatever.
Leave a comment:
-
Pretty sure that the Nazis never enacted any anti-thread****ting legislation, but sure, whatever.
Leave a comment:
-
And to see if you're a nazi.Originally posted by loinburger View PostGotcha. So this will be a good test case to see if you and Braindead have the right to thread****.
Leave a comment:
-
Gotcha. So this will be a good test case to see if you and Braindead have the right to thread****.
Leave a comment:
-
If I had a constitutional right and someone was telling me that I can't exercise it I would do it anyway. And what I would get is freedom. You have to fight for your rights and not let people lord over you.Originally posted by loinburger View PostOkay, suppose that you have the Constitutional right to thread**** in a thread that doesn't interest you. What do you gain by doing so? What do others lose by your doing so?
Leave a comment:
-
Hey you guise AAHZ here (It's pronounced like this: "Oz")
I am just putting another poast here to express how much I am enjoying this thrade so far. I am chuckling in real life so that means I am happy. I would also like to warn others not to mess with Kidicious. You see... he is the perfect poaster. He is unstoppable when you go against him. Defeat is the only outcome when arguing with the mighty Kidicious.
You have been warned, and please continue with this thrade.
Leave a comment:
-
Okay, suppose that you have the Constitutional right to thread**** in a thread that doesn't interest you. What do you gain by doing so? What do others lose by your doing so?Originally posted by Kidicious View PostNo. I don't murder people because they lord over me. That would be lording over people. Everyone has a right to post in threads even if they aren't interested in the topic. It's not murder. Please refer to "don't make a mountain out of a mole hill."
Leave a comment:
-
No. I don't murder people because they lord over me. That would be lording over people. Everyone has a right to post in threads even if they aren't interested in the topic. It's not murder. Please refer to "don't make a mountain out of a mole hill."Originally posted by loinburger View PostWhat other rules do you usually break when somebody asks you not to break them? "Don't murder me? Welp, gotta murder you now to teach you a lesson."
Leave a comment:
-
What other rules do you usually break when somebody asks you not to break them? "Don't murder me? Welp, gotta murder you now to teach you a lesson."Originally posted by Kidicious View PostDo you go around asking random people to follow rules that they had no intention of breaking? I bet you get punched on the face eventually.
Leave a comment:
-
If I said "Nazis **** off" then I highly doubt that you'd jump in to defend Nazism or spout Nazi propaganda, and yet "thread****ters **** off" causes you to defend thread****ting and to do a bit of thread****ting yourself. **** off.Originally posted by Braindead View Post"eff off" was not a request nor was it the behaviour of a "decent human being".
The use of the phrase "eff off" was a very poor reflection on you loinburger.
Leave a comment:
-
Do you go around asking random people to follow rules that they had no intention of breaking? I bet you get punched on the face eventually.Originally posted by loinburger View PostYou don't like people asking you to follow the rules, or to act like a decent human being?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: