Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    So, you don't want a discussion where people can't point out your ignorant mistakes... Not going to happen.
    Kidicious asked a honest question. I'm attempting to answer his question. He posted it this morning, I just came on now.

    If you want to argue with me about Catholicism, feel free, start a thread. I'm just not going to reply to you in that one.

    Nobody's trying to troll you Ming. Not me, not Kidicious.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexander's Horse
    replied
    I want the golden days of Ming to return *sob*

    Mingapulco was great

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I asked politely that you not post in my thread so that Kidicious and I could continue our discussion.
    Your new Duplicate thread was a lame attempt to defend your own mistake. Feel free to correct the MISTAKE you made. Nothing is stopping you from continuing in Kid's thread on the subject.


    What troll thread? I'd like to discuss Kidicious's questions without you thread****ting all over us. Can you do that for us, Ming?
    So again, why is pointing out your mistake a thread****? Can you explain that one?
    Are you claiming that you can make up whatever you want and not get called on it?

    Nobody's trolling you, Ming. We were having a productive discussion. I'd like to get back to that, please. Without you.

    So, you don't want a discussion where people can't point out your ignorant mistakes... Not going to happen.
    And if you keep this up, you won't be around very much longer.
    You are disrupting this site, and that's worth banning.
    ARE YOU CLEAR ON THIS!

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Im on the road right now. Sorry for delays in responding to this issue. I think a [civil] tag would be the best approach, since calling people out (directly or by labels we may attribute closely to specific posters) is against the spirit of the endeavour.
    In all honesty, this is not a great idea. The whole thing of tagging threads that people aren't supposed to **** in, just says its fine everywhere else. It's also been tried before IIRC and utterly failed to change anything. Why not just unleash Ming and Rah and see who survives? At least then the transition period will be entertaining even if it doesn't work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I asked politely that you not post in my thread so that Kidicious and I could continue our discussion.

    You chose... to delete the thread. Why?

    I deleted your poor attempt at a troll thread. If you want to discuss the issue, and refute that you are not wrong, do so in the thread.
    Otherwise, you will be considered to being an ass...
    What troll thread? I'd like to discuss Kidicious's questions without you thread****ting all over us. Can you do that for us, Ming?

    Nobody's trolling you, Ming. We were having a productive discussion. I'd like to get back to that, please. Without you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Oh... pointing out your mistakes is "thread ****"
    Heck, people would have to stop posting in most threads you post in.

    I deleted your poor attempt at a troll thread. If you want to discuss the issue, and refute that you are not wrong, do so in the thread.
    Otherwise, you will be considered to being an ass...

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Interesting. My thread disappeared. Wow. That's just great. So I guess I can't have a thread where we discuss Catholic doctrine.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    You've been formally requested not to thread**** in my thread, Ming. Thanks. I hope you can abide by my request.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    So now it's wrong to point out when you are mistaken? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Your "complaint" is noted. And taken with the thought it deserves.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    If somebody looks like they are trying to be an ass simply to be an ass, there will be a price to be paid.
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.Sub-forums: <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=305">Sports Forum</a>, <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=322">Technology Forum</a>


    Consider this an official complaint.

    Kidicious and I were having a polite and productive discussion that Ming just had to thread****. Not more than 7 minutes after he said, "if you're trying to be an ass, there will be hell to pay".

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    And frankly, it comes down to perceived intent as well. If somebody looks like they are trying to be an ass simply to be an ass, there will be a price to be paid.

    In other words, if all you are adding to the discussion is insults and crap, what are your really worth to these forums

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    As to what constitutes civility, show respect for the other posters and groups of people in general. This is a lot of gray area, and there will be judgement calls by staff. Err on the side of caution to be safe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Im on the road right now. Sorry for delays in responding to this issue. I think a [civil] tag would be the best approach, since calling people out (directly or by labels we may attribute closely to specific posters) is against the spirit of the endeavour.

    Offending posts will be removed (or moved in some cases) and punishment meeted out for problematic posts in a civil thread. The severity of a civil infraction and the response will be determined by the staff, and I trust Ming to make the call when I am not around.

    This wont be applied retroactively, though past actions certainly may factor into staff decisions.

    Anyone serious about helping out with moderation send me a pm. There hopefully wont be a lot of extra work, cause there will be fewer problem posters before it comes to that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    I don't really think anybody really cares what somebody else thinks
    It's all in the matter of the presentation. There will always be differences of opinions.

    But bigotry, hate speech and trolling to piss people off... that's another thing

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    Why do so many care about what someone thinks?
    A) They have the right.
    B) Why are you so convinced you're correct?

    Seems a little arrogant.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X