Thank you Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Not yet, but when your PM is Mssr Chretien, it really changes your perception of Bush.

Can't wait to get a shot at becoming one and telling Canada to KMA.
    Foreigners stay out!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

A commie against the free movement of labour?

I'm surprised they haven't made you turn your red star in.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

First off, tax cuts in America put pressure on Canada to match them, and our tax cuts are funded. So yes, Bush cuts were a good thing for Canada.

Secondly, I agree with you about the spending. I see the spending as the problem, not the tax cuts. The idea behind the tax cuts were sound, and that was the real point I wanted to get across. Leaving decisionmaking in the hands of Americans, is much better then making their decisions for them.
        So he had the "courage" to live unsustainably on borrowed credit, but not the courage to actually balance the budget?

And you say that is the mark of a great president because it will force a later president (one who actually understands that living on borrowed credit is not sustainable) to cut spending later when the debt becomes unmanageable?

Not the mark of a great leader, IMNSHO.
        http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

I have at times thought Bush was a horrible person, at other times thought he was an decent person. Currently I lean towards decent person.

He was definitely a horrible president, one of our worst.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well, don't let the door hit him on the way out
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

First off, tax cuts in America put pressure on Canada to match them, and our tax cuts are funded. So yes, Bush cuts were a good thing for Canada.

Secondly, I agree with you about the spending. I see the spending as the problem, not the tax cuts. The idea behind the tax cuts were sound, and that was the real point I wanted to get across. Leaving decisionmaking in the hands of Americans, is much better then making their decisions for them.
              So he had the "courage" to live unsustainably on borrowed credit, but not the courage to actually balance the budget?

And you say that is the mark of a great president because it will force a later president (one who actually understands that living on borrowed credit is not sustainable) to cut spending later when the debt becomes unmanageable?

Not the mark of a great leader, IMNSHO.
              http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Thue, is there such a thing as unborrowed credit?
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

@ Ben. So delusional.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I have at times thought Bush was a horrible person, at other times thought he was an decent person. Currently I lean towards decent person.

He was definitely a horrible president, one of our worst.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Wait, what? Bush took the high road?

With the torture at Guantanamo, the culture of nepotism and cronyism that led to Katrina, the culture of death and humiliation that led to Abu Ghraib and the early misadventures in Iraq and the current tragedy in Afghanistan? With the systematic rape and violation of the very ideals of the United States with warrantless wiretapping, constant redefinitions of legality, and support for declarations of who are people granted full rights (vegetables) and who aren't (fags)?

And then to cavalierly state, "Bring it on," to have his hatchetmen go out and smear anyone who dared to raise an objection as Anti-American, traitorous, and the like? To say, "So what," when questioned about errors made?
                      B♭3

Comment

So, Bush ****ing over his own country's budget, which, as a side effect, helped your country is a good thing?

That's "good" in the same way that Bin Laden thinks Bush was good. Y'know, for his plans, re: recruitment.

"Good", for everyone not the United States.
                        B♭3

Comment

Yes, thank you, President Bush.

I never thought I'd live to see a president more liberal than FDR and LBJ elected, let alone one who was black. I never thought I'd live to see the GOP reduced to a decidedly minority party with largely regional appeal. Heck, I never thought I'd see Americans proudly proclaiming themselves Liberals.

You did that, sir. My hat is off to you.

No, don't be modest. After all, can you imagine Eisenhower losing the 1952 election to someone whose middle name was Mussolini"? Can you imagine Reagan losing the 1980 election to an inexperienced politician whose parents christened him Ho Chi Minh? Of course not. But in your wake, the most popular, charismatic politician in the Republican party lost to a guy named Hussein.

Not just anyone could do that, sir. C'mon, take a bow.

And on a personal note, as a State Department officer, I never expected that you, of all people, would finally be responsible for making the State Dept the robust organization it needs to be; yet you've managed to so completely stretch the military to its breaking point, and so completely misuse its men and women, that your own Secretary of Defense is begging for a massive increase in State Dept funding to relieve some of the burden.

God bless you, sir.

As you slip off into drunken ignomy and obscurity, know that all of us who grew up revering the memory FDR, admiring Hubert Humphrey, and cheering for Russ Feingold and Barney Frank give you our heartfelt gratitude.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—GWBush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."—GWBush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
                          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            Thue, is there such a thing as unborrowed credit?
                            My very own Bushism .

Comment

We get it you hate Bush.
                              We get it, you want to have Bush's love child.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Put the sig back, BK.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X