Thank you Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Bush

Thank you George W. Bush for your 8 years of faithful service to the greatest nation on earth. I know I'm not an American, but I am going to miss you when you are gone.

I remember sitting in the bus terminal in Portland, OR this summer and listening to your speech on the War on Terror. You spoke very clearly, about the job that you had begun so long ago was finally coming to a conclusion, a successful one. How the men and the women who have served their country abroad would return in honour and triumph.

I am not an American, but I thank you every day for taking the steps to keep our nation safe when even my own representatives cared less then you did.

Thank you for appointing Roberts and Alito to the supreme court. I hope that they will continue to uphold the constitution of the US in the face of those who do not understand, let alone appreciate how it keeps America free.

Thank you for standing up for those not yet born who deserve equal measures of human dignity.

Thank you for standing firm and not wavering to the terrorists who attacked america, and by extension, the entire free world. When our representative was a french man who did not understand what is meant by sacrifice and duty, you understood. You didn't want or desire the position you found yourself in, yet you did what was necessary.

Thank you for believing in the people of America, in cutting taxes, and giving them a chance to experience hope and prosperity through their own means. I know many will forget but I remember what you said and why.

Thank you most of all for taking the high road.

It it a compliment the high standards that others expected, and held you to throughout 8 years. Perhaps one day people will realise through the perspective of time, what they have lost.

As I said I am not an American.

But thank you anyways.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Ditto. No other president had the same situation.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      Ditto. No other president had the same situation.
      Q F T!

While other Prez's battled Bl0wj0b$ from blue dressed belles, no one can assert the same claim.

But, I am not totally happy with what had transpired, but do thank President Bush for trying to make a safer America
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

No presidents ever had the same situation as other presidents. What an assinine thing to say.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Did you miss your exit on Oerdin's thread, and end up here?

"Americans are a free people, who know that freedom is the right of every person and the future of every nation." -George W Bush
          Scouse Git (2), and LaFayette, you will be missed
          "We rejoice in our sufferings, for we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Rom 3:5
          "I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents." -Churchill
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            No presidents ever had the same situation as other presidents. What an assinine thing to say.
            QFT. Bush had the crap touch where everything he touched turned to crap. Worst President in living memory bar none.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

We get it you hate Bush.

"Americans are a free people, who know that freedom is the right of every person and the future of every nation." - George W Bush
              Scouse Git (2), and LaFayette, you will be missed
              "We rejoice in our sufferings, for we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Rom 3:5
              "I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents." -Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Thank you for believing in the people of America, in cutting taxes, and giving them a chance to experience hope and prosperity through their own means. I know many will forget but I remember what you said and why.
                How can anybody support those tax cuts? They were unfinanced, not accompanied by spending cuts, so it is just taking money from your children and using them yourself. At at time when the economy did not need the stimulus.
                http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

It's not hate per se; merely a profound regret that buffoon was ever crowned president. Not something one expects of a rich and advanced western state.
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I don't know if you said it Ben, but are you American?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                      It's not hate per se; merely a profound regret that buffoon was ever crowned president. Not something one expects of a rich and advanced western state.
                      True dat. I think Bush is a decent person if you met him one on one, but he was a horrible President.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

How can anybody support those tax cuts? They were unfinanced, not accompanied by spending cuts, so it is just taking money from your children and using them yourself. At at time when the economy did not need the stimulus.
                        First off, tax cuts in America put pressure on Canada to match them, and our tax cuts are funded. So yes, Bush cuts were a good thing for Canada.

Secondly, I agree with you about the spending. I see the spending as the problem, not the tax cuts. The idea behind the tax cuts were sound, and that was the real point I wanted to get across. Leaving decisionmaking in the hands of Americans, is much better then making their decisions for them.

Comment

Lot's of folks say Bush is the kinda guy you'd like to have a beer with at the bar. Problem is, he's the kinda guy who'd stiff you for the bill.

Well, I for one, must agree with Ben, though for different reasons.

Bush, you were handed the most powerful empire in history. You have systematically undermined that empire, by destroying Americans' faith in the democratic process, by being asleep at the wheel when the inevitable blowback of empire occurred, by attacking other countries with for no valid reason, and by allowing one of our great cities to drown while you played guitar. You have damaged the American Empire mightily, and it may be decades before it can be repaired, if ever. By doing so, you have given freedom movements around the world a chance to breathe, and maybe make the world a better place.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I don't know if you said it Ben, but are you American?
                            Not yet, but when your PM is Mssr Chretien, it really changes your perception of Bush.

Can't wait to get a shot at becoming one and telling Canada to KMA.

Comment

Thank you, Bush, for affording the Constitution a tiny sliver of respect at last and not trying to hold on to power via the military. Now don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X