• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Me??
    You're the one speaking in the name of another country

I could only dream of American citizenship
    I am the dual citizen...of USA/CDN.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Minnesota, Oregon, Mississippi and Georgia have not been called. Democrats will need to win three of those to get to 60 votes, and all four to get to a Lieberman-proof, filibuster-proof majority.

Uh... Mississippis races have been called. And Georgia will go to Chambliss, if not tonight, then easily in the runoff (especially without the energized Obama voters).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        Dude, where'd you get that "until 50 years ago" nonsense? Creationism was fringe in most of the urban parts of the US 50 years ago.
        Well that was a bit of a bold assertion. It's also terribly wrong. I'm sorry for that.

My point was that believing in God or even varied levels of belief in the story of creation does not preclude one from being a successful state leader. And this has certainly not been the case for most of human history, until the 20th century.

That is possibly (if factually correct) how I should have phrased it. I haven't selpt the night to watch the results, so I'm a bit prone to silly bold assertions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I am the dual citizen...of USA/CDN.
          crap...

Comment

• Minnesota, Oregon, Mississippi and Georgia have not been called. Democrats will need to win three of those to get to 60 votes, and all four to get to a Lieberman-proof, filibuster-proof majority.
            No you are wrong.

It's Minnesota, Oregon, Georgia and Alaska.

Chambliss just needs to get 50.1 percent of the vote and he'll make the GOP 41.

Alaska is a writeoff, Oregon, the Republicans are down 2 and Minnesota, the Republicans are up two.

Right now I'd project 58-42.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Minnesota, Oregon, Mississippi and Georgia have not been called. Democrats will need to win three of those to get to 60 votes, and all four to get to a Lieberman-proof, filibuster-proof majority.

Uh... Mississippis races have been called. And Georgia will go to Chambliss, if not tonight, then easily in the runoff (especially without the energized Obama voters).
              In a runoff I actually think it might be close. Georgia Reps are going to be sort of depressed tomorrow. Note that I think a runoff is unlikely (looks like Chambliss will win outright tonight).
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                In a runoff I actually think it might be close. Georgia Reps are going to be sort of depressed tomorrow. Note that I think a runoff is unlikely (looks like Chambliss will win outright tonight).
                Just about every prognosticator I've read/heard has said a runoff favors Chambliss as the Obama supporters won't be out in droves as they were today to try to get Obama elected. Martin isn't exactly the most exciting candidate.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Ooo. Maybe not. Just took another look at the county data. Might go to runoff.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    Minnesota, the Republicans are up two.
                    No.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• When I checked it was up two. Now they are even.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• They're essentially tied (Coleman up 7000)

Looks like most of the remaining votes are St Louis county (Duluth, strongly Franken) and Hennepin county (St Paul, strongly Franken).

Unless something changes drastically, LIVE FROM DC, IT'S....
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Do you not understand that in order to see what a total means you have to look at which counties have not reported strongly yet? It's meaningless to say that Coleman is up by two with 80% counted if the 20% is Minneapolis-St. Paul and Duluth.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Do you not understand that in order to see what a total means you have to look at which counties have not reported strongly yet? It's meaningless to say that Coleman is up by two with 80% counted if the 20% is Minneapolis-St. Paul and Duluth.
                            Wow, this is really going to be a fun 4 years.

Comment

• Alaska called for McCain. The Other four are up in the air. Bachmann won in MN. **** MN.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• what would the electoral votes be if there wasnt this "winner takes all" system?
                                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X