This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lancer
    Still nothing on Gordon Smith/Merkley? Is that the last senate seat up for grabs?
    No. They've only counted 32% of Multnomah County, and much of Lane County is still out as well. CNN is showing Multnomah in 100%, but that is an error. Only 170,000 ballots have been counted so far out of 360,000+ cast. Merkley will win it.

The Stevens vote is due to low turnout in AK, I suspect. Since Obama's winning nationally was widely expected, and Palin's presence on the ticket made AK a lock for the Republicans, it looks like a lot of Alaskans just didn't bother to vote. Still pretty astonishing and embarassing for Alaska...

The overall popular vote spread right now is:

Obama 52%
    McCain 46%

I wouldn't be surprise to see that margin increase a bit once the final votes are in, especially with the outstanding CA votes. It's the largest point spread since Clinton's 9% victory over Dole in 1996. But it's the largest percentage a President has received since Bush Sr. in 1988.

Obama has now received the most votes in U.S. history.

Turnout may just barely exceed 2004 numbers.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I'm not so sure Boris...last night I heard that Eastern Oregon should come in for Smith.

Also, we're in Lane and voted for Smith, so there's 2.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Please use
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
        X