No announcement yet.

1/4 of Texas: "Obama's a Muslim"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the Texas vs. the world attitude that feeds this kinda thing. No one gives other states this much grief. Hell, Florida is far worse as far as bs stupidity goes, and yet we don't get anywhere near as much crap as Texas. That's because we don't think we're better than everyone else despite all the evidence to the contrary, unlike Texas.

Y'all should learn to be humble.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Everything is bigger in Texas. Why be humble?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        This is the kind of thing that feeds the Texas vs. The World attitude, so don't blame me.
        Yes, your state has quite the reputation.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
          It's the Texas vs. the world attitude that feeds this kinda thing. No one gives other states this much grief. Hell, Florida is far worse as far as bs stupidity goes, and yet we don't get anywhere near as much crap as Texas. That's because we don't think we're better than everyone else despite all the evidence to the contrary, unlike Texas.

Y'all should learn to be humble.

No. It's the same as before. People sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I thought the University of Texas started it. Is that not in Texas?
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Go take a nother drink from the bottle. University of Texas? What?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

yeah, Koyaanisqatsi that is really a bummer - texans and education
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

actually it is. When I was living with this old lady, I wanted to invite friends over. Either a turkish guy, or a polish one. Both muslims. So I told her, a pius catholic, that I want to invite a friend over, and that he's a muslim. She said: "what? ah, a ******!".
                  I had to tell her muslim is not a black person, and, anyway, ****** (czarnuch) word is not polite.

I did not invite them over.
                  Why didn't you invite them? Such meetings are something to be remembered for the rest of your life (even if embarassing). It's great to confront people with something they absolutely don't understand. One can almost watch all those little gearwheels turn around in the head. Of course, the outcome will most probably be "a ****** after all" but something will have changed. You could have warned your friends beforehand.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Anyone who has read Obama's book (the first one, not the appalling campaign screed) knows that he has never been a Muslim.

Obama hardly knew his father, as his parents had split when he was very very young. His mother married an Indonesian chap (she seems to have had a thing for fellows of a darker hue) and they all went to live in Indonesia for a while. That didn't work out, but Obama went to school and while there was Koranic studies he noted that he got into trouble with his teachers specifically for not paying attention during Koran class.

Obama is no more a Muslim than I am a Christian. When I was at primary school, we had Bible instruction once a week and all of us were given a copy of a kids' version of the Gospels to read. Some religious people would come to school and administer the instruction (one of them was nice, the other was a nut who considered himself to be a "prophet" and believed that Satan was trying to disrupt our class).

If that couple of hours of lame Bible study a week makes me a Christian, then I guess Obama is a muslim. But you'd have to be completely stupid to believe that.

As he tells it, he converted to Christianity late in life, and was something of an agnostic before that.

How can people believe in democracy when such a high proportion of voters appear to live in an alternate reality? I don't mean one where people are ignorant of high science and art, but one where people are wrong about basic relevant facts.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ah yes Texas... sand on so much more... sand
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Sloww is an educated Texan. FACT!
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

That didn't work out, but Obama went to school and while there was Koranic studies he noted that he got into trouble with his teachers specifically for not paying attention during Koran class.
                          The only person we have to rely on that statement is Obama himself, which is a bit problematic.

Surely you can see why folks might be a bit perturbed by the fact that he spent his formative years abroad, not just in Indonesia, but also in Pakistan at a time when Americans were not permitted to reside there.

I'm a convert to Christianity myself. If someone looked at my first 19 years, they would see that I went to church up until the age of 7, left and then returned later. I still have not been in the church as long as I was away (12 years).

Part of the problem is his choice of a Christian church. Black liberation theology is a huge issue, because if he's not really a Christian, it makes sense that he would go to Rev. Wright's church.

Converts have a higher standard right or wrong. In many folks' eyes I'll never be a true Catholic not having been born in the church, which means I have to prove myself faithful to Catholicism by attending a church that upholds the teachings of the church well. Obama hasn't done this, and would instead have us believe that he's disowned the Reverend who baptised his children and married him and his wife.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

There's so much wrong with that post I don't even want to touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                              "Muslim" is code for "nigra."
                              Yes, I've heard racists say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

The only person we have to rely on that statement is Obama himself, which is a bit problematic.
                                Except that when he wrote it, he was fresh out of college. There's a lot more in that book that he probably doesn't want people to see, since he was quite radically black in his college days. There's all his drug use in that book as well.

Surely you can see why folks might be a bit perturbed by the fact that he spent his formative years abroad, not just in Indonesia, but also in Pakistan at a time when Americans were not permitted to reside there.
                                ? Now that's a shaggy dog story. He visited his mother for a few weeks when she lived there, working for some NGO or something. The only other stuff I've seen on this is conspiracy theorizing on far right blogs.

Part of the problem is his choice of a Christian church. Black liberation theology is a huge issue, because if he's not really a Christian, it makes sense that he would go to Rev. Wright's church.
                                I don't see your reasoning here. Obama wrote that book long before he had any serious national political ambitions. That's what makes it a good and fairly honest book.

Converts have a higher standard right or wrong. In many folks' eyes I'll never be a true Catholic not having been born in the church, which means I have to prove myself faithful to Catholicism by attending a church that upholds the teachings of the church well. Obama hasn't done this, and would instead have us believe that he's disowned the Reverend who baptised his children and married him and his wife.
                                I don't like that either, and I think he's an Uncle Tom for doing so.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X