No announcement yet.

1/4 of Texas: "Obama's a Muslim"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was, originally. Lately it's been (jokingly) used as a way to determine who's actually black and who's just a really tanned white person.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
      It was Leopold II who did it all and his family derives from Germany.
      a country filled with frenchies and ducthies and ruled by a german - somehow I recall forbidden chemistry experiments
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
        It was Leopold II who did it all and his family derives from Germany.
        Just one more link between chocolate canards and the Nazis.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I never met or heard of a Belgian who wasn't completely a vile and unlikeable person. The exception to this is Hercule Poirot.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
            Neither McCain, Biden, or Obama strike me as particularly religious people. For most politicians, their personal faith/religion is a tool to get votes but some, like Palin, are genuine religious nuts.
            Hillary was the last highly religious candidate.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Since when was Obama not openly religious?
              Unbelievable!

Comment

He is openly religious but it doesn't seem very genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                  He is openly religious but it doesn't seem very genuine.
                  Pray that this is the truth !
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

Hillary was the last highly religious candidate.

JM
                    Do you really believe this (that she's more religious than Obama)?
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      Why is this so confusing? His dad was a muslim. His step-dad was a muslim. He spent time in Indonesia, a majority muslim society. I find the proposition that he hid his muslim religion to be a little odd, but it's not ridiculous to be skeptical, given the fact that to be christian would help him in realizing his ambitions in the US.

Personally, I agree for the most part with Colon on this. Although I do not know in reality that there is a stigma.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

There is a difference between going to church occasionally/etc, and going to prayer meetings/etc.

That says nothing about whose religion is more genuine. That just means that Hillary was the last candidate to be someone who spent extra time going to weekly prayer meeting and the like.

My understanding is that Obama's religion is pretty liberal, while Hillary's is (liberal) southern. I don't know anything about McCain's religion.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

By the way, I wonder whether "Jindal is a closet Hindu" will have the same currency as "Obama is a closet Muslim."
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Why is this so confusing? His dad was a muslim. His step-dad was a muslim. He spent time in Indonesia, a majority muslim society. I find the proposition that he hid his muslim religion to be a little odd, but it's not ridiculous to be skeptical, given the fact that to be christian would help him in realizing his ambitions in the US.
                            That's more than skepticism. If he'd ever actually been a Muslim and then switched it would be a bit different.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              By the way, I wonder whether "Jindal is a closet Hindu" will have the same currency as "Obama is a closet Muslim."
                              Probably not. And I agree with you that the greatest tragedy is that being a Muslim could seriously adversely affect his prospects. But I find your skepticism about whether it would or not to be overly optimistic.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                                25% less the national avergae of 5% to 10% is remarkably similar to the % of Texas population with limited English language skills, perhaps there is a connection.
                                There's also lots of Mexicans in Texas. There might be a connection there too.
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X