No announcement yet.

The Canadian Federal Election will probably be October 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am very curious to see the post-debate polls. From what I'd read, the debate should help Harper in Quebec.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I sort of think you are tilting at windmills.
      “One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.”
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Epic fail on that quote Bennyboy. The quotations indicate you copied that from somewhere. And it took you enough time to do it. YOU LIE, SIR.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• One of my all-time favourites.

I love the book.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Please read more books and post less.

Comment

• If we all did that Poly would die.

What is Poly without off the cuff, ill informed opinion?

I do not look forward the the CanPol thread where I can't give a civics lesson. I would have no purpose.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                Debate summary: The 4 opposition leaders blamed Harper for the world's economic woes. None of them could say what they would do to "fix" the economy. But Dion tried when he unveiled a "30 day, 5 point plan", where each point constituted some kind of meeting with economists.

I'm not sure promising to meet with economists is the best thing to do when the guy you're running against is an economist himself?
                It's really hard to predict how "ordinary folks" are going to perceive the debate.

All the 4 debaters attacked Harper; really... I thought for a second that Dion and Duceppe were on the same team.

The economic portion of the debate was very weak; the only smart thing that was said was by M. Kay when she said Lowering tax on income for people and enterprise would have been better than taxing consumer tax. (which is also my opinion)

But otherwise Dion and Duceppe blamed Harper for acting like Bush & the republican (Bush & republican are going to become the new godwin law in this election) about economics. And they also said that we were near the apocalypse. That our economy is in danger... blah blah blah

Which Harper replied by what he said since the beginning of the elections; "Canadian economy is solid, the banking system is not the same than in USA, blah blah blah".

About other things; the same old bull**** from everyone; seriously I'm mad at myself for having watched this.

IMO; nobody wins. nobody loses.
                Last edited by CrONoS; October 2, 2008, 01:04.
                bleh

Comment

• IMO; nobody wins. nobody loses.

In this case, the incumbent wins...no one has convinced the public the status quo needs to change.

And the Bush comparisons are so desperate that I'm wondering if they actually hurt the opposition parties. I see right through them, anyway.

Comment

• The Doucet Law:
                    "As an canadian election grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Bush or Republicans approaches one."
                    bleh

Comment

• What do/did you study in school CrONoS? I always considered you a Quebecois but now I have discovered you are well educated.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrONoS
                        But otherwise Dion and Duceppe blamed Harper for acting like Bush & the republican (Bush & republican are going to become the new godwin law in this election) about economics. And they also said that we were near the apocalypse. That our economy is in danger... blah blah blah

Which Harper replied by what he said since the beginning of the elections; "Canadian economy is solid, the banking system is not the same than in USA, blah blah blah".

About other things; the same old bull**** from everyone; seriously I'm mad at myself for having watched this.

IMO; nobody wins. nobody loses.
                        I wouldn't be saying blah, blah, blah too much. You seem very blaze about a situation that is within 120 or 360 days of something not seen since 1930.

You think living through the '30s deserves a 'blah, blah, blah?'

For my money, I question the motives of opposition party leaders who use a debate to sow seeds of uncertainty about the Canadian economy.

That having been said, we are a resource producing, net exporting country. If the world economy goes into the crapper, we had best all bend over and kiss our economic asses good bye for the next several years.

It matters not a whit who is in power in Ottawa when the **** storm comes over the market horizon. We'll all be engulfed in ****. I do however have serious questions about national political leaders who try to create uncertainty where none existed yesterday, and when the victims of uncertainty would be our banks.

What a clutch of goofs!
                        Last edited by notyoueither; October 2, 2008, 01:24.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

I wouldn't be saying blah, blah, blah too much. You seem very blaze about a situation that is within 120 or 360 days of something not seen since 1930.

You think living through the '30s deserves a 'blah, blah, blah?
                          Blah blha blah; means when used in Quebec. Something that have been said; over & over. It's rhetoric...

if the situations is really serious (which in Canada, from the data that I came across, is not serious... yet) politician should take this issue more seriously.

The government don't have power over a recession; that's the reason why I would like him to create a fund; in case of a recession, this fund could help the peoples who lost their job.

But, at the same time, I know that a temporary fund, from a government point of view, is never temporary. So at the same time... I don't know if I really want a "temporary" fund...

For my money, I question the motives of opposition party leaders who use a debate to sow seeds of uncertainty about the Canadian economy.
                          The motivations are clear; they put doubt into the mind of ordinary people, create confusion, blame Harper for an invented recession (because we're not in a recession) and link him to Bush and Republican, by any means. And don't forget to talk at the same time about the bad "oil industry".
                          Last edited by CrONoS; October 2, 2008, 01:39.
                          bleh

Comment

• Originally posted by CrONoS

Blah blha blah; means when used in Quebec. Something that have been said; over & over. It's rhetoric...

if the situations is really serious (which in Canada, from the data that I came across, is not serious... yet) politician should take this more seriously.
                            Canadian banks have massive exposure to CDSs.

How anyone could be naive enough to think that a problem in New York has no impact on Canada's banks when that problem has major American banks with assets that dwarf any Canadian bank exploding like 5 cent fire crackers is beyond me.

Before you say it is an American problem, consider that European banks are also failing. Very large ones that make ours look very small.

Blah, blah, blah over national political leaders adding fuel to the fire of uncertainty is either out of monumental ignorance or stupidity. Choose your poison.

The motivation is clear; they put doubt into the mind of ordinary people, create confusion, blame Harper for an invented recession (because we're not in a recession) and link him to Bush and Republican, by any means. And don't forget to talk at the same time about the bad "oil industry".
                            Doubt is clearly something we need less of at the moment when it comes to our financial system(s).

What does it tell you about the wisdom of the participants that they think doubt is a commodity we need more of at the moment?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• In short, there are banks going down around the world, you ****ing morons. Some are going down due to fear.

Only a ****ing moron would foment that fear about the Canadian financial system, and thus our banks.

****ing *****!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• While the Canadian banks do have massive exposures -- I know RBC was a massive client of Lehman first hand -- they're comparatively smaller exposures to the failing Euro banks and the failing US banks (obviously).

But fear is the #1 driver right now. Something the libs/NDP/Green are stoking.

Comment

Working...
                                X