Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all the kids born in the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pregnancy sounds lame.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

All this gen vs gen sh*t is pointless.

Sounds like my childhood for the most part. I grew up in the country and wouldn't trade it for anything.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        I stopped when it bragged about how they didn't wear seatbelts. Proof enough you all are ****ing idiots.
        It was probably referring to rear seatbelts, which were rare in the seventies. I always wore a seatbelt in the front.

Maybe you were just skimming for something that gave you an excuse to post your favourite words : '****ing idiots'.

Comment

Seatbelts were rare here, at all. Most of the time they were stuffed down in the seat somewhere.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The riding loose in the back of a van.....

Someone already mentioned it, who had vans?

Riding loose in the back of a pickup OTOH
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: To all thhe kids born in the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's.

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                So, old people, get over yourselves.

Someday you'll ..............

Ah, LotM, I doff my cap to you, for taking the snark in kind.

My boss says that some day I'll realize I'm not always right.

That day isn't today.
                B♭3

Comment

They should bring back to the good old drivers ed films.

"Death On A Highway" sticks in my mind.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: To all thhe kids born in the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's.

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Ah, LotM, I doff my cap to you, for taking the snark in kind.

My boss says that some day I'll realize I'm not always right.

That day isn't today.
                    This day we fight! For all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

WTF, Q. You better just hope Pekka doesn't join in with LOTM, or we're going to see verbage that will stun the concious mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Baby boomer are teh Suk. Its us kids from '65 - '79 that deserve to feel superior.
                        QFT !
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Canadians don't count, so don't get excited.

Comment

Yes, I'm pretty sure the smoking and alcohol during pregnancy was no longer common in the 60's. My mom quit smoking entirely when she got pregnant with my older bro.

Mom and Dad wouldn't start the engine until all kids were buckled in.

Other than that, yeah, it was pretty much the way the OP says.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Nope, we knew that was very dangerous. Years later, when I was in college, I heard news that a friend from my old neighborhood was paralyzed from an accident suffered while riding in the back of a pickup.

Once we rode in the back of a pickup, out in California when our Uncle took us somewhere. But then we're talking about a slow ride for a short distance through sleepy suburban streets.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                                At least we know how the spell "the."

I normally don't bother to point out mistakes but I love the irony when someone makes one as above.
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X