Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all the kids born in the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see... um... yah... you were born under the sign of the sun's 19XXth revolution around the earth thingy...

A bit behind the times, are we?

Comment

Wow Kuci, you really are dense aren't ya?

Comment

Your post was an anachronism.

Comment

No, my post wasn't. Try again.

Comment

Aeson was talking about revolutions since the birth of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
              why did people born in these decades refuse to raise their children the way they were raised?
              That was my first thought: "To all the kids born in the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's: your parents knew how to raise kids; you don't."

Interesting corollary fact: I'm reading Robert Putnam's study of declining community involvement, Bowling Alone, and he convincingly demonstrates that the generation born between 1910-1940 has shown the greatest propensisty for civic involvement, while their kids -- the kids born in the 40's, 50's, and early 60's -- have shown the least, less so even than Gens X and Y.

Boomers: not just crappy parents; crappy citizens, too!
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                Aeson was talking about revolutions since the birth of Christ
                Kuci is already on board... you're just redundant. If you want to continue to receive feedback, just pretend my posts to Kuci (if he continues) are directed at you. Later.

Comment

Boomers: not just crappy parents; crappy citizens, too!

QFT
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

[SIZE=1]The point of the article was merely to point out how people grew up in the past when kids were not wrapped in cotton wool, and there was more freedom, and less interference in the minutiae of people's lives.
                    Actually, the point of the article was "KIDS THESE DAYS!!!" As both Ming and -Jrabbit pointed out, it's simply one generation slamming another. Seen it before, we'll see it again. In 20 years, these kids will be saying things about how coddled the next generation is.

The article is also rather inaccurate and leaves out a lot of stuff. Q3's mistake was in trying to take seriously what was obviously not serious.

Truthful, most kids in the Western world are more likely to survive to adulthood than previous generations . . . unless you're a minority in the U.S., for whom child mortality has edged up in the past decade. Maybe coddling our kids isn't so bad after all.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Brats. Generation of rap, hip hop and skunk beer.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• ...says the man whose forum name glorifies a heroin freak.

...j/k Sloww...
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Brats. Generation of rap, hip hop and skunk beer.
                          i agree, we need to ban all this guitar music too and get benny goodman back into the swing of things.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            The article is also rather inaccurate and leaves out a lot of stuff. Q3's mistake was in trying to take seriously what was obviously not serious.
                            I didn't take it that seriously.

After all, it was written by an old person, and therefore not very intelligable, and very far from being correct.

B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed

After all, it was written by an old person, and therefore not very intelligable, and very far from being correct.
                              Yeah, don't you just hate that?

Comment

• Who the Hell are you?
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X