This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncha
    Oh, I'm sure he'll find some way to spin this into him being right all along. He always does.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      And now that Edmonton has advanced, they somehow take it to mean they're the better team.
      You're amazing. Don't ever change!
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha

Never said I was right all along...

Please learn to read.

FYI, joncha was the only one who predicted a short Cgy/Ana series IIRC.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I picked the winner, didn't I?
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• You just picked it to troll, you were way off obviously. Anaheim in 5? Hah

Calgary or Anaheim in 7 would've been a more reasonable guess.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Anaheim in 5 is way off of Anaheim in 7? As opposed to Calgary in anything?

You're hilarious.

Comment

• Anaheim or Calgary in 7 closer than Anaheim in 5.

Think...

Comment

• Well Edmonton would be the worst cup winner since 1949 when the leafs won despite having a losing record.

But it was a little easier to do that back when you had 6 teams and only 2 eliminated.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I saw the idiot with the Calgary Blows sign. There's at least one moron in most crowds.

I'm not sure why someone would be thinking of Calgary at this point in time, or why people in Calgary would care what an idiot has to say.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        Well Edmonton would be the worst cup winner since 1949 when the leafs won despite having a losing record.

But it was a little easier to do that back when you had 6 teams and only 2 eliminated.
                        There's obviously a bit of controversy about that, however, the way the league counts pct, the Oilers are ahead of several teams over the last twenty-odd years.

They also won more games than the '97 Red Wings in the same number of games, as well as more than the '90 Oilers and tied with the '80 Islanders (and '92 Penguins) if you add two wins to those teams for the two fewer games played.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Percentage is a mess now with all the changes.

The easiest way to look at it is to take the wins and then look at the losses. You have to include OT losses as losses and throw out the ties because the ties contribuete nothing, and the losses in OT did not earn a point prior to the recent rule change.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• My bad, the league doesn't count pct.

That out of the way, you can't divorce the results from the rules of the season. Take away OT wins and the shoot out, and teams would play the first 60 minutes differently.

And how do you count these two teams?
                            1997 Detroit Red Wings 38 26 18
                            1992 Pittsburgh Penguins 39 32 9

Neither won half their games, but they are counted as being over .500 on tables.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• You throw out ties, as simple as that. Ties neither assist nor detract from win percentage.

Another argument would be to take half the ties and add it to the wins, and half the ties and add it to the losses, but I think just disregarding the ties does a better job.

Comment

• Well obviously people disagree, but I think the best way to look at it is how a team did by the rules in effect for that season. How many points out of how many possible. By that measure the Oilers are above the pct of many winners since 1945.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X