• uhm, Go Oil?
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
        uhm, Go Oil?
        I was questioning what you mean by the 'MacInnis stunt'.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
          Seconded.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
            ???
            You seriously don't remember when Edmonton was incredibly disrespectful to MacInnis?

He was having his number retired, Edmonton was the visiting team. Not only did they refuse to leave the locker room for the ceremony, they publically protested the whole thing. Even Pronger wouldn't come out, who was a long-time teammate of MacInnis.

It was incredibly tactless, and karma is a *****. This goes back to our "good sports" discussion earlier -- "good sports" is not a phrase to describe Edmonton.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• You've got to be kidding.

The Oilers are in the thick of the fight for a playoff spot and the coaches and management want the team playing hard and mean, so they don't participate in a love in for a St Louis player, and that's a grave offence?

From you expected. Ninot?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• Riddle me this.

Who are the morons who scheduled that with 4 games to go in the season?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

You've got to be kidding.

The Oilers are in the thick of the fight for a playoff spot and the coaches and management want the team playing hard and mean, so they don't participate in a love in for a St Louis player, and that's a grave offence?

From you expected. Ninot?
                  This is why Edmonton != "good sports".

Edmonton is fighting for the playoff spot. So instead of being out in the rink and celebrating the wonderful sport of hockey and a great career, they huddled in the locker room. In the first two periods of the game, Edmonton sleepwalked through it accordingly.

Not only was it a bad tactical decision on MacTavish's part, it made Edmonton look like a bunch of tools to the rest of the league. The real reason Edmonton refused to participate in the ceremony was because MacInnis raped Edmonton for years when he was with Calgary, there's no way they'd honor him.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Always a good imagination, I'll give you that.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Riddle me this.

Who are the morons who scheduled that with 4 games to go in the season?
                      St. Louis management with declining ticket sales and an opportunity to remind the city how they were once great, to bring hope up for the next season?

It was a dumb call on Edmonton's part -- tactless, classless, however you want to call it -- and defending it is no better.

MacInnis was a great hockey player that does not deserve to have his jersey retirement ceremony -- a tremendous honour -- to be tainted by a selfish Edmonton club.

Comment

• No, it was a dumb call on the part of the Blues' management.

If I were Lowe, I would have asked the league to tell them to wait til next season, or the next game. Lowe didn't do that.

Go ahead and have your ceremony, was the position of the Oilers, but don't be dumb ****s and critcise a team needing a win for not participating.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Always a good imagination, I'll give you that.
                          It's not imaginary. MacInnis riddled Edmonton with back-breaking goals for years and was reviled in Edmonton.

How is it shocking that Edmonton, being the bitter sore losers they usually are, refused to honour the guy's career? What's even more perplexing is what was gained by sitting in the locker room masturbating while the man was being honoured.

I can understand you being upset with the timing, but suck it up! Sh*t happens. The ceremony was going forward whether MacT wanted it to or not, and sitting their asses in the locker room for an hour did no one any good, and did a huge disservice to Edmonton's image and MacInnis's moment in the spotlight.

Comment

• Number of Cups, please?

And Steve Smith scoring an own goal to get you through should hardly count.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Go ahead and have your ceremony, was the position of the Oilers, but don't be dumb ****s and critcise a team needing a win for not participating.
                              Not participating in a ceremony == a win? Huh?

Edmontonians with history degrees should not try logic. It's embarrassing for the whole of the province.

Comment

Number of Cups, please?
                                Why is it that any discussion with Edmonton always comes down to the number of cups? Get over yourselves.

MacInnis was a great player that caused a lot of problems for Edmonton while he played for Calgary, regardless how many times you won a cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X