This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher
    It never happened until the Canadian anthem was booed in the US. So it's an obvious ploy to me.

I understand it too well, is the problem. It's not some spontaneous thing, it's a bunch of kids in blue-collar Edmonton whose paychecks come from American oil giants playing suckup.
    Actually, it was happening when we were accused of booing the US anthem (when the crowd were booing an opposing player on the Jumbotron).

You could hear a few people singing in the background, but that isn't what got reported.

It's perfectly understandable that you wouldn't know much about the topic of being a good sport.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Being a good sport is respecting their anthem, not singing it only when:
      1) you were accused of booing it because you were booing one of their players (did you just say "good sport"?)
      2) they were accused of booing yours

It's called being righteous, and it's nauseating.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I came home and checked the Edmonton score and responded with a shrug. Obviously Edmonton's ****-tastic performance in Game 1 & 2 meant they played like crap tonight.
        I'm so pleased you are cheering for the Oilers.

I don't know what they would do without your steadfast support.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Being a good sport is respecting their anthem, not singing it only when:
          1) you were accused of booing it because you were booing one of their players (did you just say "good sport"?)
          2) they were accused of booing yours

It's called being righteous, and it's nauseating.
          There were some singing it during the San Jose series, prior to 'the incident'.

Nauseating to you is a character reference for many.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

• Encore, Jussi, encore.

Let's go Oilers! Let's go!

(\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

• They must win this game.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• GOAL!

Comment

• goal.

Comment

• Jussssiiii.

The only clean way for this series to go will be for Carolina to win. Edmonton's GWG last game was not a goal...Carolina got robbed. :/
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Are you sure you're cheering for the Oil Asher?

I know that last comment was true and fair, but I coulda been fooled otherwise.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I'm more neutral now. I really don't think the Edmonton team, as it has performed all season and how it's performed in this series, deserves to win.

Carolina has worked hard and done well all year, and Edmonton ...well, Edmonton hasn't.

I'd rather the better team win.

Although Carolina seems like they wanna give Edmonton this game, judging by their penalties...

Comment

• I'm truly torn. I hate Carolina, but love Cam Ward.

I don't really care either way about Edmonton, but dislike them still for the Al MacInnis stunt.

Comment

• That, too.

Cam Ward is a hottie, also.

Comment

• He is,

I have a mancrush on him.

Probably not the same as yours though

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
                                I don't really care either way about Edmonton, but dislike them still for the Al MacInnis stunt.
                                ???
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X