This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ninot
    Roloson wasn't crap all game, he wasn't beat for the first 37 minutes. Edmonton screwed up their game, but it wasn't the break that beat them, it was taking a break mid-game.
    Righto, he stopped all of 12 shots before letting one in and then subsequently 3 more.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Better than 1 on 3 shots
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• hmmm-- I just rewatched the highlights and the "good " news was that goaltending for Edmonton was not bad at all. Most were quick tips or deflections where the goalie didn't really have a chance.

Unfortunately thats also the bad news . . . Edmonton gave up 5 goals when their tender did NOT suck.

The flip side is Edmonton had their chances and Cam Ward was brilliant. He is playing not only well and getting the ones he should get but he is stopping pucks with improbable/fantastic saves.

The problem for Edmonton right now is that they don't need merely "good" goaltending. They need some of the type that absolutely changes or steals games.

The funny thing in all this is that Carolina WOULD have been eliminated in round 1 but for Cam Ward providing that type of goaltending. Montreal OWNED Carolina in games 3 and 6 .
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Carolina has a knack for hurting important players on the other team.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

The funny thing in all this is that Carolina WOULD have been eliminated in round 1 but for Cam Ward providing that type of goaltending. Montreal OWNED Carolina in games 3 and 6 .
            Game 3 could have gone either way, but losing Koivu didn't help at all.

I was at game 4 and game 6. Game 4, the Habs didn't bring their best. They certainly did in game 6 though. I sat pretty much directly behind Cam Ward in the 3rd period, and he put on a show I don't think I'll ever see again. He won that game by himself.

Comment

• OK, Jussi. If you have it in you, now's the time.

Here we go Oilers! Here we go!

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Not a thing of beauty, but a win nonetheless.

3 to go!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Oh, baby!

We eeked one out. I was lucky enough to be in attendace--what an experience! Well worth the $88.

It's a series!
                  "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                  "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                  "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• I wonder if it'll make American news that the crowd was singing the Star Spangled Banner instead of booing it.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by cinch
                      Oh, baby!

We eeked one out. I was lucky enough to be in attendace--what an experience! Well worth the $88.

It's a series!
                      I paid more for a round 1 ticket. And I was in the nose bleeds.

Damn Edmonton.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                        I wonder if it'll make American news that the crowd was singing the Star Spangled Banner instead of booing it.
                        Cheesy. I hope it doesn't, it paints all Albertans as the kinds that do nothing but suck up to the Americans -- and this is the same city that riots when they win a conference game.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• You're the last person in the world I would expect to understand.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Are you watching 'Classic Hockey Night in Canada', or have you burned your TV set?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• It never happened until the Canadian anthem was booed in the US. So it's an obvious ploy to me.

I understand it too well, is the problem. It's not some spontaneous thing, it's a bunch of kids in blue-collar Edmonton whose paychecks come from American oil giants playing suckup.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                                Are you watching 'Classic Hockey Night in Canada', or have you burned your TV set?
                                I'm not watching TV. I was watching Blazing Saddles during the game at the SO's house. Now I'm about to play some HOMM V multiplayer.

I came home and checked the Edmonton score and responded with a shrug. Obviously Edmonton's ****-tastic performance in Game 1 & 2 meant they played like crap tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X