This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for propaganda purposes:

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

I called San Jose for the Cup at the start of the playoffs, and nothing I've seen yet as changed my opinion.

My predictions for round 2:

San Jose in 6.
      Anaheim in 7.
      Ottawa in 6.
      Hartford in 6.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I'm surprised how well I did in the first round. Here goes the second.

Anh-Col
        Hard to choose. I'll stick with Theodore and Sakic. Colorado in 6.

SJ-Edm
        Edmonton isn't going to surprise anyone anymore. But decent goaltending, good defence and weedy offence (just when you think you have them contained, new ones pops up out of the cracks) should be enough. The homer pick is Edmonton in 6.

Ott-Buf
        Ottawa is too strong, but it'll be great hockey for 6 games.

Car-NJ
        The Devil's tear has to end sooner or later. I think it ends in this series, but they'll still win. Devils in 7.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

So what happened to Asher? PM me if you know.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

/me points Ninot in the direction of the Apolyton/Community forum.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Check out the "UR retiring" thread on the Apolyton/Community forum for your answer

Edit: I mean, in remembrance of his Flames, he has decided to quit flaming for the duration of the playoffs
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Hahahaha, touché
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

A real barn burner in Ottawa.

Last goal wins.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Wow.

Buy a goalie, you guys.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

That was an insane game. Ottawa was up 5-4 with less than 2 minutes to go, but ends up losing 7-6 in overtime?

Comment

Colorado
                        San Jose
                        Buffalo
                        New Jersey

and I'm not basing my picks on any intelligent analysis at all

pure gut

and I know it's kind of cheap since game 1 of the ott/buf series is decided... but I didn't watch the game, and it went to overtime... it just as easily could have gone to ottawa

if other games have been played, I've not seen scores... HONEST
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What the heck.

Lose my self-imposed exile from this thread.

I'll go with:

Ottawa in Seven
                          New Jersey in Five

and

Anaheim in Six
                          Edmonton in Six

It would be funny to have Edmonton as the only team from the toughest division survive, but Colorado is not as good as Calgary, and Anaheim beat Calgary, so they should match up well against Colorado. I'm not convinced that Colorado has what it takes, Dallas was perhaps the weakest seed, after Nashville. Anaheim shocked me, but they have been playing well for a long time.

Edmonton should win because I like Canadian teams, and while San Jose has Thornton, I don't think they have enough to stop Edmonton if Edmonton is on top of their game. Could easily be SJ in six, depending on who wins the first couple of games.

Ottawa Buffalo, two good teams, long series. Seven games easy.

And I'm not betting against Brodeur + goalscoring.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

has anyone seen the finalist for the NHL's awards?

I'm really annoyed with the Kiprusoff nomination for Hart... not because of the Calgary thing... but I don't think goalies should be eligible for that award. They have the Vezina. And it's arguable that a goalie is already the MVP of the team anyways. The Hart should be reserved for skaters only... not goalies.

It's like the Cy Young in baseball... it's reserved for pitchers. Well, the Vezina is reserved for goalies... so they shouldn't be eligible for the Hart Trophy. Period.

I think the nominee for the Hart Trophy instead of Kiprusoff should have been... say... Eric Staal?

Where would Carolina have been without this guy?

Although, the criteria for the award make it difficult for guys from more balanced teams to qualify. Like say, Heatley or Alfredsson. Or Kovalchuk or Hossa... not that those guys had MVP seasons this year... but still, they are still great players who had great seasons. It's just, because they play on teams where the talent is more balanced, they aren't able to seem more valuable than their teamates, and thus, be eligible for the award.

It's easy for a Jagr or a Joe Thornton to be the main superstar on a team when there is no other superstar on that team!

That's the flaw of the MVP award, IMO.

Although, I think the whole discussion is academic, because, IMO, the clear winner this year has to be Thornton.

Just ask Jonathan Cheechoo.

If Kipper wins it, it will be a shame... just like when Hasek won it before.

Of all the players in the league, of course Kipper is most valuable to Calgary's success, compared to any other player on any other team in the league. That's because, one, he's a goalie... and two, Calgary sucks and can't score goals... so his importance is magnified just because of the makeup of the team. If all things were equal, with regards to his performance this year, only Calgary had two 50 goal scorers, you think Kippers' performance in net would have been as valuable to Calgary's "success"?

Of course not.

But I don't think Kipper should get the award just because of that reality.

He was the best goalie this year, and he should be awarded the Vezina.

The best skater, who was most valuable to his team's success, should come away with the Hart Trophy.

If only I made these decisions... sigh...
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

link for NHL awards story

edit: long URL
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

MVP is very easy.

Joe Thornton, without a doubt.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X