X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    Wow, Anaheim looked good.

Bring on the Sharks!

I'd forgot about that. Was it something about still playing when the other was knocked out?
    My bet was that it would be either the Vancouver Canucks or Calgary Flames vs. either the Ottawa Senators or the Philadelphia Flyers

I bet too heavily on offensive grinders, obviously. The league has changed faster than hoped this first season back

Send my winnings to either the Make a Wish Foundation or the Red Cross.
    Cheers. I'll make a donation the next time I pass a Red Cross kiosk in a mall

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      THEY GOT SHUT OUT IN GAME 7

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
      Anyone want to disclose where, exactly, Sava's big jealousy-hatred of the Flames comes from?

I mean.. they haven't been a threat to Chicago in.. ever.

Yet I guess aside from that; the Blackhawks haven't even been a relevant team in the NHL for decades. And they were definitely a big losing part this season in falsely propping up Detroit and Nashville as Western Conference gods (alongside Blackhawk equals St. Louis and Columbus, of course)

Oh, did I say equals? Sorry. Even the unestablished Blue Jackets were able to put together more points than the ol' Hawks, this season.

So, sooooo sad. An outfit that used to have class, and one that represents the third largest city in the richest nation on earth - forever struggling in modern times

Yet maybe the Hawkies will win a playoff spot some time in the next half decade or so. We can never be sure to count them out. So keep your fingers crossed, Sava! I mean, with the highest paid goalie in the NHL, they should EVENTUALLY be able to scrape enough wins together to attract more fans to Chicago stadium than the minor league hockey team does.

Could it all eventually happen? Only time, will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka

Anyone want to disclose where, exactly, Sava's big jealousy-hatred of the Flames comes from?
        Asher

normally, I wouldn't give half a crap about some bufu team located in a city, luckily for Calgarians, that would be safe from any sort of nuclear attack resembling armageddon, because I doubt that anyone not from Canada actually knows where Calgary is...

though I'm sure Calgarians look forward to the day when they can rule the post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland that will be the planet Earth...

imagine the Eden that will exist... the mighty three cities that will rise from the dust and control the globe... Calgary! Edmonton! Winnepeg!

what you say about the hawks is true, but it's not as if you are breaking any stories here... if you are going to bash the Hawks do it right...

Maybe mention the fact that they traded their leading scorer for a former second round pick. Or that home games aren't on TV (in the third largest market in US). Or that the AHL team in Chicago routinely outdraws the Hawks. Or that there are enough good exHawks around the league that you could build a Stanley Cup caliber fantasy team with them. How about the minor league defense corps that was being trotted out for the latter half of the season? What about the senile Bill Wirtz and his hatchet man Bob Pulford? Not a mention of them? Or how about the Mike Smith era? Alexander Karpotsev?

C'mon Zylka, I expect more from you.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Forget mighty, those Ducks are killer!

Freaky night, and perhaps a good reminder for teams to not get ahead of themselves. *cough* Oilers *cough*
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ouch... that was hard to watch... Avs will need to rally next game so this doesn't turn ugly.

Comment

4-0 Whalers after 2.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Devils looks rusty as Hell
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Now that was a horrible fight.

Jannsen starts it and then looks like he just wants to get away from Commodore(?).

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

fighting in the NHL has become meh

the instigator penalty

I miss the days when teams would have an enforcer. No need to have lots of fights... just let two tough guys fight. They aren't hurting anyone but themselves.

Now, you have guys who can't fight trying to mix it up... it's pathetic. And even when they do, one of them always gets sent off for that stupid instigator penalty.

btw, Brodeur is teh sux0r
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• What's going on?

What's with the 7-6, 5-0, and 6-0 score lines? The first round was great hockey from most teams.

Damn I hope the Oilers are paying attention.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• God. I hope anyone but Ottawa and Jersey wins.

I guess the Oilers are worth supporting. Not that I've managed to watch any of the games.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Another shutout for Anaheim - they're looking very good.

Comment

• And the Sharks gave the Oilers fits.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• GOAL DEVILS!! 20.9 seconds left, Devils up 2-1!
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X