This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cinch

A somewhat-talented team finishes off an upset of the best team in hockey by rallying for 4 (4!) goals in the third period!
    It was a great Edmonton effort but no way are they they the "best team in hockey". They had the most regular season points for obvious scheduling reasons. Still a good team and Edmonton is to be congratulated.

So next round they get either calgary or San Jose.

I'm rooting for a battle of Alberta of course but have been disappointed ( but not surprised) by calgary's inconsistent offence
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
      The Original Six teams are indeed out, as has been mentioned. I guess is age is your determining factor, then you better cheer on Buffalo.

Although, I think the New Jersey/Rockies/?? franchise may be as old...
      Sabres were 1970. The Kansas City Scouts (who became the Colorado Rockies, who became the Devils) started in 1974.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
        Home town boy, too.

Can you imagine? 3rd line player scores 2 to carry his home town team into the game during a playoff series deciding game?
        Even I must admit that was pretty ****ing cool.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm off to the bar for the game. Chat with you folks later.

If I'm crying in my beer I'll likely not be on.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

A good game so far.

Clearly the Duck's superior coaching is the difference.

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Not looking good for Calgary.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                KH is so gonna kick your ass, joncha.
                I'm buying my ****ing ticket to Vancouver right now.

That ***** is dead.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Sharks vs. Oilers
                  Ducks vs. Avs

My heart says Oilers and Avs. Head says Sharks and Avs.

Comment

HA HA!

Anaheim is going to take it! Bottom 4 from the West and Top 4 from the East make it to the next round and Asher is going to have to root for Edmonton!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Sad to see another Canadian team fall, but glad to have Asher somewhat gagged for the remainder of the playoffs.

Comment

Oh, I'm sure he'll find some way to spin this into him being right all along. He always does.

Comment

It's funny 'cuz it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                              It's funny 'cuz it's true.

Comment

Anaheim deserved that series. In the new NHL; the Sutter program is now officially a dinosaur

Time to get behind Edmonton. If the cup can go Canada, brilliant. Alberta, all the better

NYE - I owe you a couple bucks from an early season bet we made. Let me know where to mail it

Comment

Working...
                                X