No announcement yet.

cam whore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like DoY said, password protect it...deny her the use of the internet, it's not rocket science. I think it's a little far fetched for a girl to go round to her friends house to the specific end of getting sexual abused by a monitor. Good parents will always communicate with the parents of their kids friends in any case.

You are again assuming the parents of the other kid is as good a parent as you. even if you communicate tothe other parents the kid cant be on line you cant be for sure that they wont let them do it while in the home. This is all on a trust issue. I am sure alot of you had friends that had way cool parents that let the kids do what ever they want. sure they will tell ur parents no prob il watch them and m,ake sure they are not doing these things and dont, what can you do if you dont know?
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

You can't be certain, but you can tell the other parents of your concerns, and no matter how lax they may be, then they won't want their daughter (or yours) doing anything like that so they'll have to act.

Comment

well, you wouldn't want to confront her without proof, so get proof.

keylogger free download. View, compare, and download keylogger at SourceForge

Don't tell her you've installed it, just that you know what she's doing and you'll know if she doesn't stop.
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
          I'll be talking to them about protecting their safety and reporting any untoward behaviour they encounter. Then I'll trust them. I'd certainly trust them with most of the 40-something men I know on-line.

You are under the assumption that ur teen will tell you everything. That doesnt happen in a lot of cases. Talking to a teen is like pulling teeth. You have to pull this crap out and most of the time all you have to go on is what they say and hope it is the truth.
          When you fly off the handle and start locking them up taking away their computer and calling the police over everything no sh.t they don't talk to you. I would lie to you too.

Trust is a two way street. If you don't trust your kids they won't trust you. If they don't trust you they won't talk to you. By severing that bridge of trust between you, you put your kids in MORE danger, because whenever something risky happens (and I guarantee they know when something is risky) they aren't going to tell you about it, because they are just as afraid (perhaps more so) of how you will react than the risky situation in the first place.

You can't monitor your kids every second of every day, you can't be there to tell them what to do every second of every day, you can't be there to hunt down every dangerous person they come across. If the only thing standing between your kid and danger is the parent, then that kid is screwed. He/she needs to learn how to navigate danger and that requires people he/she can trust who can talk things over with them in a loving, non-punitive, non-judgemental way.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
            For your refrences and stuff all you have to do is watch the news cases such as these come on every day. Main point if this has not been or is not a probelm then explain to me why almost every law enforcement has a special until dealing with this issue and this issue anyway
            That's because the media preys upon the fears of parents to drive up their ratings by hyping up a small number of crimes. Since this is a democracy, those parents, all scared senseless by some sensational media stories all demand their police "do something" about the problem. So the police, ever eager to take advantage of public fears to increase their budgets (or politicians ever eager to win votes by appearing to be tough on this hyped problem) embrace special units dealing with the "epidemic of Internet sex crime".

Just like parents are petrified of letting their kids within 100 feet of any strangers because of hyped up stories of kidnapping-murders. The reality though is that child abuse by strangers is very rare, and children are at FAR more risk from their own parents, aunts & uncles.

Of course the media doesn't hype that (blaming parents doesn't get good ratings) so no one knows that fact.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

When you fly off the handle and start locking them up taking away their computer and calling the police over everything no sh.t they don't talk to you. I would lie to you too.

Where did i ever say i took the pc away from my kid and called the police? First of all I said i adjusted his pc buddy list and limited his time on the pc so if u are talking to me i hardly think i flew off the handle. I told wb I never called the police. I protected my kid. Its up to the other parents to do so as well. My kids will talk to me. But its like pulling teeth. They are out for their privacy and dont want their parents to know their business. In case you dont have one i do, and have been living this for the last 3 years and it has nothing to do with being a bad parent. It has to do with them and a privacy issue.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

he/she can trust who can talk things over with them in a loving, non-punitive, non-judgemental way.
                I find it interesting that you are lecturing on this topic Ozzy. I think you might do better if you listen to Mrs. Tubes, rather than talk down to her like she was a child.

After all, upon how many kids have you had a chance to practice this loving, non-punitive, non-judgemental way?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Yea that would really fricken work. No wonder there are so many screwed up kids out there. You guys all seem to have no concept of parenting skills.
                  You want to apply such an aversive stimulus that they won't bother doing it again.

1) A computer keyboard is a THING. The girl is a person. You can always replace a keyboard and monitor.

2) You're not abusing the girl. I'm not talking about beating the crap out of the girl. Just a few smacks on the bottom.

3) I'd rather have a few bruises and spending a trip to the computer store to replace a broken computer than have to endure the loss of a relative.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Np dis. I am indeed a lady. I have been seen by a few polly posters and spoke to another on the phone
                    Yep, she's very much a lady.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Trust is a two way street. If you don't trust your kids they won't trust you. If they don't trust you they won't talk to you. By severing that bridge of trust between you, you put your kids in MORE danger, because whenever something risky happens (and I guarantee they know when something is risky) they aren't going to tell you about it, because they are just as afraid (perhaps more so) of how you will react than the risky situation in the first place.

You are right trust is a two way street. Todays teens think that u as a parent need to mind ur business and stay out of it till they need ya. Well lots of time the kids might know something is wrong but will go along cause of the friends they have. What they they consider dangerous will never be the same thing you as a parent consider dangerous.

Comment

• You can't monitor your kids every second of every day, you can't be there to tell them what to do every second of every day, you can't be there to hunt down every dangerous person they come across. If the only thing standing between your kid and danger is the parent, then that kid is screwed. He/she needs to learn how to navigate danger and that requires people he/she can trust who can talk things over with them in a loving, non-punitive, non-judgemental way.

Show me a loving non punitive non judjmental way to parent your teens. It doesnt exist. They do something wrong what do u do tell them hey no sweat or do u punish them?? Non judgemental ur kid hangs out with a teen deliquent and is gettin him in trouble what do u do say hey no sweat or say the kids a bad seed and ur your not to hangout with him thus for you have judgemental.

Comment

• one last thought parenting and keeping them safe is more important then bieng their friend. There is a way to do both but being the parent and making the decisons comes first. The relationship you build with your child depends on the strength and notice you throw into their activities. And I am sorry but if being sternis wrong then i dont know what to say i just know that my kid wont end up in juvnille hall for the lack of parental supervision that is given them

Comment

• It isn't a conflict between being your kids friend and keeping them safe. Having a good relationship with your kids is the best way to keep them safe. Being a dictator is just going to screw them up worse.

That's exactly what happened to my friend. His step-dad never let him do anything. He never learned for himself to be responsible because he had a parent just tell him what to do all the time. So when he got out on his own he went nuts and has been in and out of prison.

Being strict on your kids is going to make them less safe.

Look at the examples Mercator cited. That is exactly how these things play out. The more punitive you are with your kid for talking to someone online the more they are gonna run to that person.

Comment

• But it's not a case of being punitive - you tell them exactly what the problem is, and they should end up as scared as you are. You're not trying to ban all net use for kids, just telling them that it is better to do it safely. Rebellious streaks will not get that far when confronted with the risk of rape and/or death.
                              They can't be unaware of that US soldier who ran away to Germany with the girl he met in a chatroom. You just have to emphasise the need to be cautious, and then they should be trusted to do as they like.
                              Kids are dumb, and they love to rebel, but not when it is going to lead them to something as horrible as rape or murder.

Comment

• Having a good relationship with your kids is the best way to keep them safe. Being a dictator is just going to screw them up worse.

With this being said where do u hit on being to lax on the kid?? You build a relationship and if punisment comes with that then the child needs to have the structure to know hey what i did was wrong. They dont know everything like they think they do. Ozzy you go to an extreme by saying dictator course that can mess up a child but there is an inbetween. which is the type of parent I am, an inbetween . If nobody believes that there is an inbetween then i beg to differ. If calling the police is going to protect my child then yes i am going to do it.
                                I dont really care if allof u think i am a dictator i know i am not. Tuberski can tell you i am a softy when it comes to the kids. I do have to punishe them and if that means pc restirctions then thats what ill do i dont take the thing from them. And to let you know in my house they have their own pc because i trust them and they have done nothing so far to show me they dont deserve it

Comment

Working...
                                X