Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whaleboy
    Mercator, is that her in your avatar?
    His advice is tainted! He's trying to distract you so he can make off with his young new bride!

Obviously the only way to stop all this is to stop her using the internet, which is easy.

Simply tie her up and leave her in a cupboard under the stairs. Be sure to keep a cardboard cut-out of her, in case social services start peering in through the window.

Comment

Is she using what is supposed to be a teen only chat room? If so you should notify the room's moderator.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I'm 34. A few weeks ago, I was talking to a 13 year-old girl in a forum's chat room just like the one we have here. Who wants to call the police? Or shall we have a good old-fashioned tarring and feathering?

We were talking about The Cure, if anyone's interested. I recommended "Disintegration" to her.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          I'm 34. A few weeks ago, I was talking to a 13 year-old girl in a forum's chat room just like the one we have here. Who wants to call the police? Or shall we have a good old-fashioned tarring and feathering?

We were talking about The Cure, if anyone's interested. I recommended "Disintegration" to her.
          It's in those extra 6 years that the paedophile gene kicks in.

Comment

Laz While I agree that there are some innocent conversations amongst older men and teen age girls, there are far more not innocent ones out in force today. Reason you call the police is cause they now have units that just investigate pc use and can track this fellow. If he is doing nothing wrong then nothing will happen to him. If he has another agenda that includes crimminal activity all over it then one predator is taken of the street. I hardly would see this as a tar and feathering.
            Anther disturbing thought that was mentioned was the lack of parenting skills. It is harder to raise kids now days cause of the punishments handed out to todays children. When i was a kid and teen it was ok the whip your kids hell now days u do it u land in jail and have ur family investigated and children removed. The most popular technique of parenting older kids now days are of course love, threats and fear. Every one who has a teen has heard the pharse when talking to the their kids is " i know mom u dont need to keep on." Well unfortunatly time out dont work for the 10 and over crowd. For those who dont have teenagers or kids dont realize they dont come with a user manual.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

there are far more not innocent ones out in force today.
              Link? Reference?

Reason you call the police is cause they now have units that just investigate pc use and can track this fellow. If he is doing nothing wrong then nothing will happen to him.
              Innocent before assumed guilty? That's like calling the police to the scene if you were sitting outside a shop. The police arrive and ask you intend to rob it .
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

Laz While I agree that there are some innocent conversations amongst older men and teen age girls, there are far more not innocent ones out in force today.
                How have you reached the conclusion that the majority of internet communications between adult men and juvenile girls are predatory paedophiliacal advances? This is hysteria.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

Link? Reference?

Innocent before assumed guilty? That's like calling the police to the scene if you were sitting outside a shop. The police arrive and ask you intend to rob it .
                  I already gave you a refrence in this thread. I t has happened in my family and to a girl i work with i am sorry i didnt know i needed to scan and post the police reports.
                  And I am sorry most of the time you are arrested you are considered guility till you prove you are innocent.
                  Point in case, I was in a small accident two years ago. my car hydroplaned and spun out into the grass. Long story short the hiway patrol came out to help. He noticed a beer can on the floor board of the car he pushed me against the car slapped cuffs on me and told me i was under arrest for dwi. I was like wtf i hadnt had a drink at all. the can had been in the car for like six months any way i was taken to the jail and booked for dwi. When i get there the cop said i was drunk and on something cause i was wild eyed and ****. I was like dude my ****ing car just did a complete 360 in a hiway i am a little freaked but i aint drunk
                  got to the blow test way under the legal limit. Sob got me for open container. I spent the night in jail anyway Had to wait to see the judge.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

I'd call the police, but I'm too lazy to get your IP.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Your shop story makes no sense to me. This does happen if sombody sees the person acting suspicous, it happens all the time. the cops will come and investigate if you are just sitting there doing nothing wrong then what do you have to worry about

And i now see were lazz was ina forum like here he didnt go looking in a teen chat room so that makes a big difference. I have no idea what a 40 yo man or woman is doing in a teen chat roomset up for teens

Comment

I already gave you a refrence in this thread. I t has happened in my family and to a girl i work with i am sorry i didnt know i needed to scan and post the police reports.
                        It's an unfortunate incident but it does nothing to prove that the majority of conversations between 30-something men and 12/13 year old girls are inappropriate. That is what you said earlier:

"While I agree that there are some innocent conversations amongst older men and teen age girls, there are far more not innocent ones out in force today"

I would like to see some verification of that.

Sob got me for open container. I spent the night in jail anyway Had to wait to see the judge.
                        That clearly must have sucked arse for you, but I made the point that you were advocating the assumption of guilt before the assumption of innocence wrt girls talking to older men. The very LEAST you need to even suggest that would be evidence that the majority of such conversations are of a sexual nature, hence my earlier request.

I would still not consider it enough to make it a police matter. I believe that the emphasis should be on parenting and making them give a **** about what their children do... as someone said information for the parents and the child is the key weapon. It would enable the child herself to identify a paedophile from someone offering advice on what CD to buy, and thus avoid the nonsensical witch-hunt that you seem to be suggesting.
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                          Try to find out how she feels about/for him, what kind of relationship she has with him. Maybe you can ask if you can be with her when she talks to him, to meet the guy, so to speak.
                          I think that's a good idea, if you want to give her the idea you're a creep and/or control freak.

Unless you've got a dysfunctional family or something, I'd think getting the parents involved is the best thing to do. While teenage girls may not enjoy getting told what to do by their parents, they're generally more likely to repsect the parents' wisdom than that of a brother, I'd think.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

[quote]
                            Your shop story makes no sense to me. This does happen if sombody sees the person acting suspicous, it happens all the time. the cops will come and investigate if you are just sitting there doing nothing wrong then what do you have to worry about
                            [quote]

That's quite sad actually... that would rarely happen in the UK, but then there isn't a firearm pandemic on the internet...

And i now see were lazz was ina forum like here he didnt go looking in a teen chat room so that makes a big difference. I have no idea what a 40 yo man or woman is doing in a teen chat roomset up for teens
                            I don't recall reading that this girl in question was in a teens-only forum. If so, then yes a 40yo man present would be suspicious, but we all hear stories of such people pretending to be teenagers and if so here, how would she know he is older? That is another argument for more education given to the child.

That she knows he is older indicates to me that they are in a non-specific chatroom.

Comment

Whale boy i hardly think by my suggesting u call the police as a witch hunt. I see u have not even mention that i said to get the adults in the house involved and have them investigate what is going on. If they get no where with talking to the girl and informing her that what she is doing is potential dangerous then yes you need to get someone else involved and not just to hunt this guy down but to have a talk with the girl as another authority figure to educate her on the dangers of the computer. If you want to still consider me a witch hunter then that is fine there is nothing i can say that will change your mind. For your refrences and stuff all you have to do is watch the news cases such as these come on every day. Main point if this has not been or is not a probelm then explain to me why almost every law enforcement has a special until dealing with this issue and this issue anyway
                              The FBI has shaq the basketball player working in one of these programs posing as a 13 yo girl so dont tell me it has never been a problem.

Comment

you sure it was a girl and not an FBI agent?

I'm convinced every "woman" on the internet is actually a guy. Sorry Mrs. Tuberski.

Comment

Working...
                                X