No announcement yet.

Should there be a Kurdish State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Greece is filled with Kurds who have escaped death from Turkey. (political asylum)

They seem pretty determined about it.

Comment

But I also think they're not so anti iraq as they are anti-turkey from what I have gathered.

we had kurds and iraqis officials talk in a show, the kurds seemed not so hostile to iraq , whereas when it came to turkey....

Comment

Turkey seems to have managed gathering an impressive amount of enemies during the centuries. I hope their entry in the EU changes their image and their behaviour.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

the catch is that it wont untill it resolves them and it wont resolve them until it is.

a catch 22 well see.

but as a neighboor of turkey i have to say it is pretty abnoxious and without repsect for international law.

only guns make her behave, a lesson everyone dealing with her should know

Comment

Just give Turkey to the Kurds, Syria to the Palestinians.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Just roll the Turks and Kurds into one big country called Turdistan.

Dumb, I know.

Comment

Turdistan?

WHo would want to lieve in a coutnry called Turdistan?

It isn't very inspiring

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

So they're only entitled to a sliver of their historical lands? The majority of Kurdistan is in Turkey
                  We've already dicked around with Iraqi soveirgnty...I don't think it would be good to push it to Iran and Turkey as well...
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    i kind of think that if you want your own state you have to get it and not have it handed to you by someone else. if they are given their own state what are the chances that they would keep it?
                    Uhhh... if you haven't noticed... they seem to be doing that right now. It seems like they on a mission of statehood and not one of just attacking the Iraqi forces.

If you take a hard look at what they are doing with support of limited US troops... they are setting the boundries for a new state.

I don't think they have ANY intent of being part of Iraq anymore. This is going to get really interesting in the very near future.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A Kurdish State - but no land from Turkey - that would cause a real mess, maybe even war.

Comment

I personally think that if they can just settle for Northern Iraq, and don't try to take any land from anybody else, they just might be able to get away with it by just doing it.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Would Kurdistan as defined be economically viable?

Give them a state. Unlike the Israelis in 1948, they are the majority in this part of the world.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Trying to pry Kurdish land away from Turkey would cause a war with no maybe about it. The only country that holds Kurdish land right now that could be convinced to give it up without a fight is Iraq, because they are utterly prostrate at the moment. Five or ten years down the road, when Iraq is back on its feet, they'd go to war to reclaim it. All this loose talk of a Kurdish state is very easy for us in front of our computers in our comfortable homes and offices, but it's an impossible absurdity on the ground of the Middle East where large numbers of people are willing to fight to the death (they own and the deaths of others) on either side of any given issue.
                            Better living through tyranny

Comment

I seriously doubt Iraq going back to Kurdistan to reclaim it.

Comment

Looking at what the Kurds are currently doing in Northern Iraq... I wouldn't call it just loose talk in front of a computer. I'm talking about what is happening right now. Right now, Iraq is in no position to dispute a claim if they make one... And maybe Turkey would try to stop it, but I'm not sure the Americans will go to war with these current allies...

I'm not sure anybody can stop them from doing so at this point... again, only if they stick with Northern Iraqi territory.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X