Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Select a Democratic candidate to run against Bush.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkspider
    My choice is Dean or Sharpton.
    This is very odd, considering they are almost polar opposites.

Why Sharpton? You do realize he is a corrupt, racist lunatic with a penchant for egomania?

Yeah, I know, kinda like a Republican, but still...
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hey, at least he isn't gay.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Thank gawd!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Vermonters are good people. They're almost Canadian.

I vote Sharpton. Bush will maul him and the republicans will cruise to another 4 years.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Would go with Graham, he seems like a solid intelligent guy and the Dems are going to need a Southerner to win.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Of all the Dem candidates, would like to see Clark but he probably has no chance. Kerry may be the best one with a realalistic chance, seem to be the one most like to favor a GWB II style of foreign policy.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

For a Democrat to win he must be a southerner so he can break the Republican lock on the south plus he'll have to not have to much history of associating with the party extremists like Gephardt and Pelosi.

I'm voting for John Edwards; he's young and still puts his foot in his mouth sometimes but so did Clinton back in 1992. If he runs a centrist campaign hammering Bush on the economy, the deficit, and maybe speaks a bit about poor foreign policy he'll win. The danger is if he's to negative on the foreign policy aspect then the Republicans will paint him as undermining the war effort and he'll be a sure loser.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If Feingold ran, I might consider voting Democrat. Short of that, long live the Banana.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                    Sharpton? Isn't he some sort of a loon?
                    The "Rev." (I use the term loosely) Al Sharpton would have a hard time winning an elections in Harlem or Watts and would finish dead last behind Pee Wee Hermon in a nation wide campaign. Even ultra liberal blacks are tired of his graft, corruption, and moral bigotry. That this supposed priest has numerous children out of wedlock is just another nail in the coffin.

Truthfully, the only black leader which has any national stature is Powell but Powell seems to be spinning his wheels serving as Bush's lacky.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"Spinning wheels" Nary not so! He's gaining experience. The experience of the moment has been restraining the hawks while Powell garnered international support for Iraq. In other words, screwing up royally, and getting to know the French.
                      Last edited by Lancer; March 13, 2003, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Why Sharpton? You do realize he is a corrupt, racist lunatic with a penchant for egomania?
                        I like his suits.
                        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dennis Kucinich. It's about time for us to have a communist president...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I voted for the Bannana - Its far more inteligent and diplomatically skilled than Bush.

I find it funny that most people voted for the bannana - I would like it if this hapened in the real elections
                            Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
                            To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

I voted banana because I'm a republican, and I wanted to let the dems have a fair go.

'Banana' makes the poll scientific.

Comment

John Kerry will be the next President of the United States.

Comment

Working...
                                X