10.5%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frogger
    Not really. He was like Blair. As soon as US declared foreign policy, Canada was there 100%. Gulf War, Cold War...
    By this logic, Chretien is a US tool?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
      Well certainly not Bush. Almost anyone would look left wing compared to him. The first person that comes to mind would be Colin Powell I guess, but that's mainly because I'm not to familiar with your more moderate Republicans.
      Colin Powell? What the hell do you know of US politics? Obviously not much...

Mulroney is comparable to Gore (on a day where he feels right wing) and Nader (on a day he feels left wing).
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Charest couldn't even beat Kim Campbell.

I think all leaders of the country should measure themselves to this yardstick.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Canada's there 100%?

I thought that the fact that we haven't said we'd go if there was no UN commitment would set us apart from US. And Stephen Harper seems to think so too...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Colin Powell? What the hell do you know of US politics? Obviously not much...

Mulroney is comparable to Gore (on a day where he feels right wing) and Nader (on a day he feels left wing).
            You're being ridiculous.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Canada's there 100%?

I thought that the fact that we haven't said we'd go if there was no UN commitment would set us apart from US. And Stephen Harper seems to think so too...
              Haven't you seen the paper in the past week?

Apparently we don't care what the UN says anymore.

Comment

• Yes we do. McNallum(sp?) got told off when he said we might go without UN...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You're being ridiculous.
                  Certainly am not.

Even Gore wouldn't implement a tax like the GST.

Nader would...

Gore would sign NAFTA.
                  Nader wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
                    I think losing Charest to Quebec was a serious blow to the PCs frankly, they would have been much better off he would have remained leader of the PCs.
                    I agree on that point. He would have made a credible leader across Canada. Now he's stuck in Quebec with a Liberal Party that isn't willing to change to accomodate him.
                    I'll bet the appearance of Dumont and the ADQ will prompt both Charest and his party to start make concessions to each other though.

To get back to your comment : no one lost Charest to Quebec. Everyone on parliament hill and in Toronto, media and politicians alike were begging him to go save Quebec from Bouchard. He didn't want to go.
                    What?

Comment

• I agree on that point. He would have made a credible leader across Canada.
                      You're on crack if you think the West would elect Charest.

Comment

• Mulroney is a cheshire cat.

Just when you think you have him pinned on the right or the left, he disappears.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by obiwan18
                          If the whole country hates Mulroney so much to reject the PC's, why do they get so many votes in Ontario?
                          Because many of the business people here can't see voting for the CA, they're far to right wing for even them. And they obviously don't get enough to defeat the Liberals.

If he's from Quebec, why don't Quebeckers vote PC?
                          Because Quebec has the Bloc. Plus I think they're still sore at the PCs for failing with Meech Lake. That's just conjecture though.

The west wants a share of power, and I don't see the PC offering us anything.
                          I don't see the PCs offering to much of anything frankly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

You're on crack if you think the West would elect Charest.
                            You're on crack if you think the west has anything to do with electing the prime minister.
                            What?

Comment

• It did with Mulroney...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Richelieu
                                You're on crack if you think the west has anything to do with electing the prime minister.
                                Isn't that part of the problem? I've always said the West has nothing to do with electing the prime minister.

But why don't you read your comment before acting like a ****, da?
                                He would have made a credible leader across Canada.

Unless you're saying The West isn't part of Canada...

Comment

Working...
                                X