No announcement yet.

10.5%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• En francais, dite-ce moi en francais, quebecois.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by GP

Just because they agreed on policies? Or for wood tarrif stuff? Would any PC be seen as a US ***** because they're not anti-US?
      No, many Canadians felt he went out of his way to suck up to Reagan. He was kind of a yes man for the American administration. Hence the Free Trade agreement. He pretty much pushed it through without giving Canadians any say in it, because that's what Reagan and his buddies wanted. He went through the formality of public hearings etc. but it was quite obvious that he had no intention on actually listening to what anyone here had to say about it.

Comment

• It should be obvious in retrospect that NAFTA was the right thing to do.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Isn't that part of the problem? I've always said the West has nothing to do with electing the prime minister.

But why don't you read your comment before acting like a ****, da?
          He would have made a credible leader across Canada.

Unless you're saying The West isn't part of Canada...
          I still say he would have made a credible leader across Canada. You disagree: see if i care. You're not the west Asher.
          What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richelieu
            I still say he would have made a credible leader across Canada. You disagree: see if i care. You're not the west Asher.
            No, but I have a shred of intelligence which tells me that Charest would certainly not be a "credible leader across Canada", because I would think it'd be fairly obvious he wouldn't be received well in the West...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by obiwan18
              En francais, dite-ce moi en francais, quebecois.
              What do you want me to say in french ?
              What?

Comment

No, but I have a shred of intelligence which tells me that Charest would certainly not be a "credible leader across Canada", because I would think it'd be fairly obvious he wouldn't be received well in the West...
                Why is that ? Come on! Put that shred to use!
                What?

Comment

Why is that ? Come on! Put that shred to use!
                  Look at his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem

No, many Canadians felt he went out of his way to suck up to Reagan. He was kind of a yes man for the American administration. Hence the Free Trade agreement. He pretty much pushed it through without giving Canadians any say in it, because that's what Reagan and his buddies wanted. He went through the formality of public hearings etc. but it was quite obvious that he had no intention on actually listening to what anyone here had to say about it.
                    This thread is so full of fairy tales, but I'm gonna call you on that one.

There was an election on the issue. How much more listening did you want?

Oh, and btw... for the other youngsters, this is a link to a concise summary of the issue.

Brian Mulroney's reasoning was simple: he felt that free trade with the United States represented Canada's only hope for continued economic prosperity. He argued that market forces rather than government intervention should determine the course of the Canadian economy.

Yup. Sure sounds like a lefty to me...
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• As I said, NAFTA was the smartest thing he did.

Then he went left right after. It's a form of pandering...

Comment

Look at his name.
                        Are you going to say what you want to say or hide behind smilies ?
                        What?

Comment

Are you going to say what you want to say or hide behind smilies ?
                          To be brief: Charest doesn't exactly look like he'll be looking out for Western interests.

Historically we've had bad luck with his type.

Comment

As I said, NAFTA was the smartest thing he did.

Then he went left right after. It's a form of pandering...
                            Wanting to cut universality in social programs and increase funding for the Armed Forces is left wing?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                              Wanting to cut universality in social programs and increase funding for the Armed Forces is left wing?
                              Introducing new taxes is certainly not right wing...

Comment

Yeah, the GST was a very right-wing thing to do wasn't it. Go on, tell me more.
                                That's niether left nor right IMO. It was simply a replacement for the Manufacturers Sales Tax, which was proving to be detrimental to our producers but those from overseas. They had to make up for the lost revenue somehow; they were operating on deficit financing after all, and that's what they came up with.

You must be really, really stupid if you think extreme right wing == fascist.
                                If you can exagerate by calling Mulroney a "commie" I can do the same by equating extreme right with fascism. And if you were to look closely enough, you can see some distinct similarities.

I'm right-wing liberal, not right-wing authoritarian...
                                How does that, in any way, have to do with the CA?...
                                Could have fooled me. And I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the CA

Something's in the water over there...
                                Well you never know what sorts of chemical reactions can occur when air pollution comes in contact with water. Maybe if Alberta were to go along with Kyoto, you might find us Ontarions a much more sensible bunch.

You're such a tool, you have no idea when someone is joking or serious regardless of the smilies they use as BIG FLAGS to give you hints.
                                OK, I guess I missed that one. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X