No announcement yet.

Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn has just been shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany doesn't, at least not in any form of power or at least spotlight nowadays...

Comment

• For those who didn't know yet: the Dutch elections will go ahead on May 15th.
      The Lijst Pim Fortuyn is certain to become the biggest party in parliament.

-

Comment

• you're joking...?

Comment

• I just read it.
          I'm pretty afraid this is going to be a LANDSLIDE..
          So what do we get? A government of people with hardly any political experience? Whoopeee!
          "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

• excellent all we need now is Germany getting a right wing government and we're open for business

Comment

• Who the hell will be our president?
              The no. 2 on the Lijst Pim Fortuyn is a 27-year old businessman from Cape Verde (?). He's got no political background whatsoever....
              Every now and then it's bad to be Dutch.

Comment

• Maybe it would be a good idea just to postpone the elections for just a little while. (to cool things down)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Stiby
                  I just read it.
                  I'm pretty afraid this is going to be a LANDSLIDE..
                  So what do we get? A government of people with hardly any political experience? Whoopeee!
                  Maybe for the first time in twenty years we will have an open debate on the subject of immigration. Maybe this taboo, imposed on us by the leftish parties (which I voted for nonetheless), will be lifted. Maybe the demonization of people who think differently about immigration will stop. Maybe the Dutch media will stop making propaganda and distorting the truth. If all of this happens, Pim Fortuyn may not have died in vain.

-

Comment

• Postpone elections would probably heat things up. Fortuyn supporters know that his party is now in the peak of its power. Postponing by, let's say a month, will lead a lot of voters to overcome emotions and vote for the established parties. The last thing Fortuyn supporters want is another social democrat as prime minister!

Comment

There's some more information about the murderer of Fortuyn.
                      It was just released that he's a member of a moderate environmental activist group, apart from being a married father.
                      The link between environmental activism and Fortuyn is very unclear.
                      Was Fortuyn vocally anti-environmentalist?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Postponing by, let's say a month, will lead a lot of voters to overcome emotions and vote for the established parties.
                        That's exactly the idea!

(BTW I'm all for an open discussion about immigration. And I am anti-immigration, yes I have no problem whatsoever saying it, why should I? Greece had had 1.4 millions of immigrands in just 7 years - the most rapid influx in Europe).

If there is open discussion in a calm serious manner then we would not have these "extremes" surfacing in our political life.

Comment

• While I don't share his opinions, I send my sympathies.

It was the front page story on the local Chicago paper this morning (including) a picture. (contrary to popular belief, local papers in the US do cover international news_

RAH
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
                            I suspect Greece will soon have one of these people too.
                            cool, finally someone will clean omonia square in athens. it was a disgrace.

A government of people with hardly any political experience? Whoopeee!
                            well we all have to start with something in our CV. Montenegro's President Milo Djukanovic went straight from law school to become a prime minister (but then again, that country is a joke)

The no. 2 on the Lijst Pim Fortuyn is a 27-year old businessman from Cape Verde (?). He's got no political background whatsoever....
                            cool, perhaps he won't behave like a sleazy corrupt son of a b!tch. and he can appoint cesaria evora as a culture minister

Comment

Postpone elections would probably heat things up. Fortuyn supporters know that his party is now in the peak of its power. Postponing by, let's say a month, will lead a lot of voters to overcome emotions and vote for the established parties.

disorder! anarchy! argh! hjeheeeee! down with the system! RATM!

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso
                                cool, finally someone will clean omonia square in athens. it was a disgrace.
                                It was, yes.

I don't know what was worst:

1. The drug addicts

or

2. The immigrants (which are a shame to the state for not attending to their needs).

It is "cleaned" now. But some druggies do go there.

Comment

Working...
                                X