No announcement yet.

Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn has just been shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFAIK he as refused to make any statement yet and remains silent. At least that is, what was reportet in the news.
    If it is no fun why do it?
    Live happy or die

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Then he should be able to plead insanity.
      I'm quite positive he is insane. (or suffers dire psychological problems).

Since it is almost impossible to have been a political assassination, this is the only answer.

But I think he has to prove that he didn;t know what he was doing was bad blah blah blah

in worst case scenario out in 10 years. (maybe?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
        I think that for the next election we will see a swing to the right (i.e. LPF will win a landslide victory), but in the long run I agree with Tom, I don't think many people will change their ideology over this, that's silly. I certainly won't/haven't: so far I've always voted either D66 or GroenLinks and this event certainly won't change this.
        My vote, this time, will not go to any party that demonized Fortuyn.

That is, PvdA, D66, and GroenLinks.

-

Comment

• Conspiracy theoris are already spreading around...
          Since there is no chance he had political goals of his own:
          - the killer was paid by Leftists (obvious reasons)
          - OBL paid him.
          - the killer was paid by the 2. man in fortuyns party (after the Martyrer Death of Fortuyn, his Party gets most of the votes. No. 2 gets PM).

hm, or maybe it was just some maniac.
          Live happy or die

Comment

• I heard on news that killer, who was an animal rights activists, killed Fortuyn because he loved furs. Anything about that?

It just sounds bit too goddamn silly, you know?
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• Demonization my @ss. Fortuyn said controversial things, 'established' politicians responded - sometimes controversially. Just a few minutes ago they repeated some old quotes of Fortuyn on TV, one of them struck me particularly: it was along the lines of "Melkert lies and cheats whenever it's convenient". Geez, I wonder why Melkert wasn't always positive about Fortuyn...
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                He's still not talking...
                But I heard that he confessed. So he confessed to the act, but won't discuss his reasons?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• I haven't heard anything about him confessing and I just checked all major Dutch news sources to make sure. It must have been a rumour rather than a fact.

Comment

• A little background on the suspect: He's a 32 year old white man from a small town in the middle of our country and had a wife and +/- 3 month old kid. He worked for an animal rights organisation (of which the core activity was sueing companies who are cruel to animals or pollute the environment) and recently complained he was getting overworked. According to a collegue he was hardly interested in politics and wasn't ultra-left or anything of the kind. He's by everyone who knew him described as overall 'a nice guy'...

Comment

• dp
                      Live happy or die

Comment

• If you would ask some german politicians today they would certainly blame some FPS for the murder
                        Live happy or die

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Was Fortuyn vocally anti-environmentalist?
                          Not vocally. But his party program is the most anti-environmentalist of them all. Despite this, I would not have voted for him and still won't.

The only Dutch politician who wanted to build new nuclear plants, and they shot him

Comment

• A little background on the suspect: He's a 32 year old white man from a small town in the middle of our country and had a wife and +/- 3 month old kid. He worked for an animal rights organisation (of which the core activity was sueing companies who are cruel to animals or pollute the environment) and recently complained he was getting overworked. According to a collegue he was hardly interested in politics and wasn't ultra-left or anything of the kind. He's by everyone who knew him described as overall 'a nice guy'...
                            This pretty much sums it up. The guy certainly wasn't a radical. I won't be surprised if someone did pay him. I doubt it's the mainstream left, but it could be the extreme left or some fundamentalist muslims (though this really isn't their style). Those were the two groups that hated Fortuyn most. Some muslims were even celebrating in the streets after the shooting. sick.
                            Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• Some muslims were even celebrating in the streets after the shooting. sick
                              Yeah some did, and some got their ass kicked BAD by guys like me.

I was looking forward to the UEFA cup final tonight but Pim's death by some left wing idiot really takes the fun out of it.

I hope Feyenoord wins tonight or we can see a long night of riots in Rotterdam tonight, together with the murder this could get verry nasty, people are ****ed up enough as it is right now.

One of the best politicians Holland ever produced has died and will be missed by millions, even if they (like me) wouldnt have voted for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Marcus

This pretty much sums it up. The guy certainly wasn't a radical. I won't be surprised if someone did pay him. I doubt it's the mainstream left, but it could be the extreme left or some fundamentalist muslims (though this really isn't their style). Those were the two groups that hated Fortuyn most. Some muslims were even celebrating in the streets after the shooting. sick.
                                The guy who stood next to Fortuyn when he was shot (Ruud de Wild) has not been heard by the police so far. Can you believe that?

-

Comment

Working...
                                X