• i agree with ned and che?

shiznit.
    B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
      i agree with ned and che?

shiznit.
      Extremist
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• PARADOX has bought Civ franchise rights!!!

Let me inform you. The franchise has been bought by PARADOX, the maker of Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Victoria and which recently bought "Diplomacy" and "Squad Leader" rights too.

Comment

• I seriously doubt Paradox could afford it.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Same here. And since the information is given by a DL...

I continue to think Disney has bought it
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• He's been in the thread in the Civ 4 forum. I hope he sticks around for a few weeks...

Comment

• Link?
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Why doubt Paradox cant afford that

Why you doubt PARADOX cant afford that? They have a great name in Strategy games. The information I am giving you in authntic. Paradox has made some big changes recently and what I say is 100% correct as I have inside information. Anyway, you will come to know what I am telling you after some time.

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it on a news site.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Oh well, we shall see "after some time", then. It's just that I've always thought of them as a rather small outfit - the games are great, but initial bugs and the like hurt sales, nevermind the fact that they are aimed at a crowd with a very small niche. I doubt they'd have tens of millions of euros they could throw at Civ, considering that Firaxis is already developing it, and Paradox is more concentrated on developing itself, rather than publishing, even if it does do some self-publishing.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Re: Why doubt Paradox cant afford that

Originally posted by icett
                        Why you doubt PARADOX cant afford that? They have a great name in Strategy games. The information I am giving you in authntic. Paradox has made some big changes recently and what I say is 100% correct as I have inside information. Anyway, you will come to know what I am telling you after some time.
                        Paradox's last project Victoria didn't do so well. Look at the reviews. It didn't sell so well either. They're not a big company. No reputation will give you 25 million dollars out of thin air. 25 million dollars is about the total amount that Firaxis would recieve from 2 games, and Firaxis sells many more games than Paradox would. It's even a stretch that Firaxis bought it, though that's what most people are hoping.

Comment

• CapTVK has posted that the old titles will stay with Atari.

Comment

• Well, 22 million $ is a lot of money, and Civ is probably too big a bone for an editor used to publish small-audience (nearly niche) strategy games like Paradox.

The Civ series is probably the most popular TBS series, and its audience compares to very famous games, which is far beyond any other TBS.

Maybe Paradox intends to publish large-audience strategy games, and has found the money to do so. But I would imagine that one of the big publishers out here would more easily find the money to publish a sure profit-maker.

Comment

• No way Paradox could come up with that kind of money. And depite the fact that I really like their games, I'd hate for them to pick up Civ. They're really a one trick pony, but it's a really nice trick.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• btw, don't the Firaxis guys ever stop by Apolyton? They seem to only go to CFC, did they have some falling out with poly?
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X