No announcement yet.

Fascists Targetting America's Youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree Che. The Germans had much faster growth.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
      I disagree Che. The Germans had much faster growth.
      You can disagree, but the USSR had something like 40% growth during the 1930s. Granted, when you start from close to zero, any increase will be exagerated. The Soviets were the only country unaffected by the Great Depression and with the possible exception of some East Asian tigers, had the most rapid economic growth in history during the 1930s.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        True, but without a constitution, to what does one appeal to?
        Great Britain has no constitution.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          You can disagree, but the USSR had something like 40% growth during the 1930s. Granted, when you start from close to zero, any increase will be exagerated. The Soviets were the only country unaffected by the Great Depression and with the possible exception of some East Asian tigers, had the most rapid economic growth in history during the 1930s.
          But it's not really exagerated. The German economy actually grew that much. Now if you measure the growth from WW1 to WW2 then the USSR did grow more during that period.

Comment

Great Britain has no constitution.
            No written one.

Strong arguments in favour of an unwritten one though.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Could someone please help me here? The lead post describe two groups of skinheads battling one another. One declares the other illegitimate. One is rascist, the other anti-rascist. But other than that, both seem to be violent thugs.

What is going on here? Are both groups fascist?
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

And, btw, Saddam's government was fascist. There is nothing about Saddam's government that is anything like the Republican Party which emphasizes individual liberty, free trade, democracy and human rights. I also think these skinhead share none of these values, so they are not right wing.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara Well, that would be the respect of the Labour Party for Parliementary democracy. Should they have it in their mind to proclaim Britain a one-party state, legally there's nothing anyone else could do about it.
                  The House of Lords? The Queen, if we go that far?
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

And, btw, Saddam's government was fascist. There is nothing about Saddam's government that is anything like the Republican Party which emphasizes individual liberty, free trade, democracy and human rights. I also think these skinhead share none of these values, so they are not right wing.
                    I'll agree with you that Saddam's government and the Republicans being similar is stretching the imagination a bit too much, but some points I'd like to quibble with:

1. Individual Liberty
                    Hello? John Ashcroft? The Patriot Act?

2. Free Trade
                    What about the steel tariff imposed in March 2002 - December 2003?

3. Democracy
                    I'll give you this one - for now.

4. Human rights
                    Guantanemo Bay. Abu Ghraib. A myriad of other abuses.
                    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Actually GDP in the Soviet Union rose by 66% (an annual rise of 5.2%) between 1930 and 1940 - this compares with a 46% rise (3.8% annual rate) for Germany.

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      But it's not really exagerated. The German economy actually grew that much. Now if you measure the growth from WW1 to WW2 then the USSR did grow more during that period.
                      Over the 25 year period 1913 to 1938 the USSR's GDP rose by 74% (a 2.2% annual rate of growth) whilst Germany's increased by 44% (1.5% at an annual rate).

Source: A. Maddison, "The World Economy, Historical Statistics"
                      19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                        One is rascist, the other anti-rascist. But other than that, both seem to be violent thugs.

You got that right. My friend, Mike the Skinhead, used to tell some great stories about pounding nazis and dude who hit women, but somewhere along the line he decided violence of any kind was wrong. While he's telling me this, his new skinbird, flips out and starts screaming at some hippies across the street, sort of illustrating his point that the whole skinhead movement, racist and anti-racist was screwed up.

Are both groups fascist?

No. Skinheads have various range of ideologies, but they tend to lean left or are apolitical.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                          The House of Lords? The Queen, if we go that far?
                          The House of Commons could abolish each if they so wished . . . and they should.

Comment

Originally posted by el freako
                            Actually GDP in the Soviet Union rose by 66% (an annual rise of 5.2%) between 1930 and 1940 - this compares with a 46% rise (3.8% annual rate) for Germany.
                            The beginning of the period should be 1932. The economy was still on a downfall in 1930. In fact, that was one of the worst years.

Comment

The House of Commons could abolish each if they so wished
                              Are you sure?
                              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                                Are you sure?
                                Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X