No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs, Round *ing 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just took his stick and whacked him in the back of the leg.

maybe because nieminen deserves it for all his goonery?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
      maybe because nieminen deserves it for all his goonery?
      Or maybe Nabokov was being a goon?

If you watch the video, Nieminen isn't even close to touching Nabokov and is well over a foot outside of the crease, and Nabokov just takes his stick and whacks it hard against Niemenen's leg. Niemenen didn't even retaliate, since Sutter was very clear about taking penalties.

Which one was being a goon there?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Nieminen is a *****; however, at that particular moment, he didn't do anything to antagonize that sort of violence.

Be patient, however; he will do something eventually.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Prediction: Calgary wins the next game at home, wins it in 6 as per my original prediction.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Or maybe Nabokov was being a goon?

If you watch the video, Nieminen isn't even close to touching Nabokov and is well over a foot outside of the crease, and Nabokov just takes his stick and whacks it hard against Niemenen's leg. Niemenen didn't even retaliate, since Sutter was very clear about taking penalties.

Which one was being a goon there?
            one moment of goodness by nieminen isnt enough to payback all the goonery done in the previous 4 games. why does he have a lower standard?
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• I dunno, Nieminen outplayed every single Shark last night, and didn't even draw a penalty.

When he wants to, he can be a great player. Othertimes, he has a bit too much fun being an agitator.

Nilson's goal was all him, Nieminen worked the Shark's D and gave a perfect pass. Great play.

Comment

• Speaking of goons, Nabokov is second only to Belfour in penalty minutes for goalies in the post-season, while Kipper has none.

Comment

• yeah, and one of those penalties was an unintentional play where he put the puck into the stands during a power play, resulting in a 5 on 3. know how he got the penalities before talking.

Comment

• Prediction: Calgary wins the next game at home, wins it in 6 as per my original prediction.
                    prediction : calgary blows at home, gets tooled, sharks come home where they actually have a WINNING RECORD (something novel) and turn around the 4 game loosing streak at home and WIN WIN WIN WIN, crushing canada's hopes for ever winning the stanley cup again, and snuffing out the hopes of an entire nation.

amazing that a bunch of sharks can do that.

Comment

prediction : calgary blows at home, gets tooled, sharks come home where they actually have a WINNING RECORD (something novel) and turn around the 4 game loosing streak at home and WIN WIN WIN WIN, crushing canada's hopes for ever winning the stanley cup again, and snuffing out the hopes of an entire nation.

amazing that a bunch of sharks can do that.

The Sharks have lost 4 in a row at home, as you've said, and the Flames play best on the road.

Even if the Flames lose tomorrow, you're screwed in game 7.

Comment

• if by
                        Even if the Flames lose tomorrow, you're screwed in game 7.
                        you mean
                        when the flamers lose tomorrow, they are screwed in game 7 because sharks play with better when they are desperate
                        then i agree.

Comment

• There's a spot on the end boards at GM Place (maybe about 1 metre to the side of the crease) where if you hit it just right the puck will curl back on goal. I've seen the Canucks try that a couple of times... and it's freaked out more than one opposing goalie on a "routine" icing.
                          Yup, it's fun when that happens.

Good for the Flames. One more win and they go to the Stanley cup.

3 for 3 whenever Vancouver and Calgary go 7 games in the first round.

when the flamers lose tomorrow, they are screwed in game 7 because sharks play with better when they are desperate
                          If they can beat Vancouver in Game 7 after losing a heartbreaker in OT in game 6, then they will crush the Sharks.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• If they can beat Vancouver in Game 7 after losing a heartbreaker in OT in game 6, then they will crush the Sharks.
                            different series. canucks arnt anywhere close to the sharkies caliber.

that, and we dont drink labatt blue
                            cuz if thats canadas finest, you guys are in trouble

Comment

• canucks arnt anywhere close to the sharkies caliber.
                              It helps when you have teams like LA, Phoenix, and Anaheim to build up on points.

The weakest team in the Canucks and Calgary's division are the Minnesota Wild. And they make your eyes bleed. They almost had 4 teams qualify for the playoffs.

They polished off Detroit, the best team in the regular season.

Sharks should pose less of a problem.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

that, and we dont drink labatt blue
                                Nope IMHO Canada's finest would come from a micro-brewery and have limited distribution. Most of the bestbeers I have ever had are like taht
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X