Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which all but the most conservative polypeople have a stroke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

This is disgusting.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: Re: In which all but the most conservative polypeople have a stroke...

Originally posted by GePap
        Becuase we are also able to walk and chew gum at the same time?

I agree that schools should be done with corporal punishment.
        I mean that evolution causes a huge hubbub, but the idea of whacking other people's kids on the rear as a perfectly normal disciplinary measure is just shrugged away. It's used for minor infractions, is the thing-talking back and tardiness were among the most frequent reasons cited by the article. I would wholeheartedly support a good butt-whooping for sexual harassment, because that kind of problem requires extreme remedies. But a little less than ten percent of Mississippi's kids get paddled each year, which sounds pretty huge to me for something as harsh as physically beating the kids.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm with Azazel 100% on this one
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

As a parent*, all I can say is:

I see nothing wrong with this. Deal with it, AZ. (and weren't you leaving, anyway? )

*When you give your opinion, can you please say whether you're a parent? Thanks!

Comment

Can't resist:

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I see nothing wrong with this. Deal with it, AZ. (and weren't you leaving, anyway? )

Left, and came back. ( didn't say I was leaving forever, just for a month )

You see nothing wrong with this?

Do you think it's ok to beat up children to teach them a lesson?
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                  Do you think it's ok to beat up children to teach them a lesson?
                  When I was a little boy, my small brother used to bite my mom. She had to give him a huge slap in the face for him to stop- talking didn't work, and the situation had been worsening for weeks.

Sadly, there are some people who unly understand brute force. (Yeah, my brother is still like this today).
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Sadly, there are some people who unly understand brute force. (Yeah, my brother is still like this today).

He still bites your mom?

Still, This is rather "self-defence" case. There are a mulititude of other cases that don't have to be punished by force, and even this one doesn't. How about closing him in his room?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

No greater teacher than pain.
                      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        He still bites your mom?

No, but he did hit her recently (he's now 18). She threw him out, and now he lives at my dad's house. Since my dad is huge and strong, he's not been annoying him (bastard).

Still, This is rather "self-defence" case. There are a mulititude of other cases that don't have to be punished by force, and even this one doesn't. How about closing him in his room?
                        That's the point: what's so wrong with physical pain? Why must it be terribly worse than psychological torture (when you're a baby, spending a few hours in a dark closet is TERRIBLE).

Comment

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I support paddling. I went to all of my kid's teacher's and encouraged it. And I promised that they would get a matching spanking when they came home.

In cases where the teacher's did not spank them, I fixed that by giving a double dose at home when I got notification. If I had to go to school and research for disciplinary actions, they got the Biblical seven for one.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                              I support paddling. I went to all of my kid's teacher's and encouraged it. And I promised that they would get a matching spanking when they came home.

In cases where the teacher's did not spank them, I fixed that by giving a double dose at home when I got notification. If I had to go to school and research for disciplinary actions, they got the Biblical seven for one.

Comment

That's the point: what's so wrong with physical pain? Why must it be terribly worse than psychological torture (when you're a baby, spending a few hours in a dark closet is TERRIBLE).

not for a couple of hours. send him to his room, until he promisses not to do it again, and if he does, THEN send him for a lot of time. Then, he'll understand.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X