My big problem with Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    As for gay marriage, it's up to the people. If the people vote, and say they want gay marriage, then the state will have to abide by that change. I've said that throughout the threads I've posted.
    But the people jumped on your ass on your attempts to give sociologic reasons explaining why gay marriage would be bad for society, as it would be bad for the institutions of marriage.
    You still haven't prvoen your bold assertion that gay marriage devaluates marriage as we already know it.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Christ did not suffer
      Why do you say that, Jon?

He most certainly suffered on the cross.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

But this plainly contradicts the very words of the Bible or implies that God is not perfect and can change.
        Ned:

Good point. However, this does not rule out God voluntarily limiting himself, in becoming a man.

your second point brings to light, 'this is my blood, which was shed for you, the blood of the new covenant.' However, you must remember, Christ physically died on the cross.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

You still haven't prvoen your bold assertion that gay marriage devaluates marriage as we already know it.
          Prove? That's an interesteting word. Can I show you all the effects of that which has not happened yet? No. All I can do is argue that this would be the likely outcome.

However, there are many threads on this topic, yet only one of Christianity. Please keep discussion of that to those other threads.

Comment

What proof do you have BK that Mohammed was not the final prophet of God?
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Prove? That's an interesteting word. Can I show you all the effects of that which has not happened yet? No. All I can do is argue that this would be the likely outcome.
              Well, sorry, in my studes we too often take a valid argument for a "proof"

Please simply argue then that it will have dramatic consequences for marriage. For one, tell us what the consequences of gay marriage on hetero marriage will be, IYO. I'm curious to know if you have any argument to back your bold assertion.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

They were all prophets. They all delivered a message of faith.

My problem with religion is that it is built on faith. Yet, most religious people seem really nice... right before the damn you to hell!!!!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Now you're saying that you are a prophet, or some kind of fortune teller?

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Why do you say that, Jon?

He most certainly suffered on the cross.
                    ok, yes He did suffer

but it was not the suffering that earned us forgiveness

JOn Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Muhammed?

If you look at Moslem doctrine, they reject what I have posted that Jesus died on the cross, but rather that he survived, and the disciples rescued him. This has absolutely no basis, because the Roman soldiers, if they crucified someone, would make sure that they killed the person before letting him off the cross.

Thus, they reject the entire notion of the resurrection, and that Christ is the Son of God. If, and only if, Christ is just another of the Jewish prophets, can there be room for Muhammed.

Secondly, all prophets perform miracles of some sort to indicate their calling. Moses had his staff of snakes, Elijah, his burning fire. Muhammed performed no miracles during his time on Earth.

Comment

because Mohammed did not agree with the Bible

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                          because Mohammed did not agree with the Bible
                          He sure agreed with the Old Testament very much.

Comment

If you look at Moslem doctrine, they reject what I have posted that Jesus died on the cross, but rather that he survived, and the disciples rescued him. This has absolutely no basis
                            Basis? What basis is there that Jesus DID die on the cross? It's a total he said, she said argument.

all prophets perform miracles of some sort to indicate their calling. Moses had his staff of snakes, Elijah, his burning fire. Muhammed performed no miracles during his time on Earth.
                            Muhammed didn't have any pyrotechnics thus he's not a prophet? How are we to know that Moses and Whalebow, I mean Elijah, really performed those miracles and just weren't legends added to a powerful prophet? Embelishments... Most of the bible is written centuries after the fact and on hersey.

But, I digress. Ffaith is something that cannot be tackled, it's like you saying this; "p", is the letter "p", and I say, "no it's not."
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Now you're saying that you are a prophet, or some kind of fortune teller?
                              No. Trying to imply the opposite, that it would take a prophet to show you all those effects.

Spiffor:

I think I've given a rational argument already, but go and post that question in one of those threads, and I'll answer it there.

Comment

I think I've given a rational argument already,
                                You are so full of yourself.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X