Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you know about the World Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you know about the World Today?

I thought posters here would be interested by that World Today Quiz. It has five difficulty settings, and contains questions covering the whole planet, from elections in Brazil to Chinese economic growth.
    Better yet, visitors are warmly encouraged to submit additional questions. Relatively easy questions are the most welcomed though, making impossible one is too easy
    If enough people participate, this has the potential to be a very, very interesting Quiz.
    BTW, there is also a "World History" and a Science & Technology quizzes on the same website.
    Have fun!

cool. but quite hard.

13/20 on the normal world today quiz.
    14/20 on the normal history quiz
    CSPA

Comment

13/20 Normal World Today

Comment

well, i got the asian questions right. ^^;
        B♭3

Comment

18/20 on the easy. I'll do the harder ones later.

Comment

"Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

History
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Only 18/20 on the World today supposedly 'Easy' questions.

These are the ones that I missed:

WHICH COUNTRY DOES NOT HAVE GERMAN AS AN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE

Switzerland
                Belgium
                Austria
                The Czech Republic

I knew Belgium had French and Dutch, but German?

But this is the real sticker:

WHICH COUNTRY DID NOT HAVE A COLONY IN NORTH AMERICA.

Russia
                Germany
                Sweden
                Netherlands

I said Sweden, and I'm wondering where was Sweden's colony? Greenland from when they took over Denmark?

BTW, IIRC Germany bought one of the islands in the Caribbean, forcing the US purchase of the Virgin Islands to protect the Canal Zone.

Does the term 'North America' include the Caribbean?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sweden had a colony in what is today New Jersey.

History
                  Last edited by chequita guevara; December 11, 2003, 17:57.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think Delaware used to be "New Sweden"
                    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

9/20... why is considered "Today" if it happened over 100 years ago, and I didn't even take the history quiz, but they asked me about something that happened in 1820!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Its apparently not flat.

Comment

I think Delaware used to be "New Sweden"
                          There were many German immigrants to America.

Are you telling me there were no 'German' colonies in the US?

BTW- I'm right about Greenland, after the union of Kalmar, unified Denmark and Sweden, the agreement supposedly also included Greenland.

Not an 'easy' question at all!
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

BTW- both Che and Combat Ingrid are right.

"The ships reached Delaware Bay in March 1638, and the settlers began to build a fort at the site of present-day Wilmington, Delaware. They named it Fort Christina, in honor of Sweden's twelve-year-old queen. It was the first permanent European settlement in the Delaware Valley.

During the next seventeen years, twelve more Swedish expeditions left the homeland for New Sweden. A total of eleven vessels and some 600 Swedes and Finns reached their destination. The colony eventually consisted of farms and small settlements along both banks of the Delaware River into modern Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland."

Comment

well, Germany only came to existance long after the USA.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X