Earn 12K US!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    ef: Don't know why the sources don't agree. I was going by the July US Census numbers, which don't show this change.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising. The OECD, US Census, and the UN don't agree with each other either.
    Could you post a link to the US Census data?
    It's possible that (like the UN data) it does not include revisions from the latest censuses (censi?) that have been done in europe in the last couple of years.
    19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Thankyou Lord! There is a way out of my celibacy
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by el freako

It's probablty no more likely than devout Irish catholics assimilating into the predominately protestant culture of the eastern US - and that after having suffered persecution at the hands of protestants.

You really do make some silly assumptions Shi.
        Differences between Catholics and Protestants are nowhere near as great as between Devout Moslems from a non-western background and athiests.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

There will be assimilation, it will just be the other way around.

Comment

Differences between Catholics and Protestants are nowhere near as great as between Devout Moslems from a non-western background and athiests.

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

That's lame even from you Shi, you need to read up a bit on the history of Ireland.

The moslems here in the UK have taken time to adapt (a bit longer than our blacks), but they are assimilating fast as the 3rd generation enters adulthood.

If moslems can assimilate into US society then they can certainly assimilate into the less overtly christian societies of europe.
              19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

If moslems can assimilate into US society then they can certainly assimilate into the less overtly christian societies of europe.
                That doesn't follow. Would a devout muslim feel more comfortable on an American beach or a European one?
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

American. Moslems have much more in common with Christians than Atheists.

However, my question is how well the children of the Moslems will adhere to the tenets of Islam, after being raised in Europe.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                  X