No announcement yet.

Earn 12K US!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think the cause is lack of marriages. They still buy homes, they just don't live in them. Here, in the US, people generally get married than buy a home, not the other way around. Perhaps there should be more of an incentive in Italy to get married, and less of an incentive to own a home unless married. I.e. taxation and itemization laws...
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Click.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I have decided that I will move to Italy and do my part to help populate that great country, under one condition; my mate has to be or closely resemble her:

Oh, and my wife has to let me go
        Monkey!!!

Comment

But for those without wives?

I'm not sure I agree with these subsidies. I don't think that they are going to raise the birthrate enough to get them back to replacement level.

Canada's in the same boat, IIRC, our birthrate is 1.4 children per women.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

IN here.. I believe we are less and less by the day? Not sure..

And that is, because everyone is going for higher educations, no one is having babies before their careers and mid 30s, because if they don't, they'll be poor forever and have to beat people to get food on the table and for the kid.

Having a kid is just too expensive in here. Just that simple.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

IN here.. I believe we are less and less by the day? Not sure..
              Still growing. About the same as Italy. Higher birth rate than Italy. Lower immigration rate.

Finland's population pyramid will look slightly better than Italy's in 25 years. Bad overall, but slightly better.
              Attached Files
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

There are less than 150 000 Finnish males between ages 20-24. I'm a REAL catch ladies!
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The US also has a 2.06 birth rate in conjunction with high immigration.

Comment

japh: who's the girl?

and any country that suffered a baby boom is going to suck when the boomers get old.

like here in the states, where everybody in my generation will be financially raped by the baby boomers who just want it all.
                    B♭3

Comment

like here in the states, where everybody in my generation will be financially raped by the baby boomers who just want it all.
                      We'll be fine. The US is in about the best position of any country in the industrialized world.

Comment

not with 40 trillion in implicit debt as of today. That number will only go up.

Well, I guess we can ship old people off to France or something.

Comment

True, but this may be changing - just look at the rapid recovery of Spain's population growth, it rose by 0.9% between 1992 and 1997 but by 3.0% from 1997 to 2002.
                          Can you tell me where you got this? My numbers don't match (Census, updated this summer). 1990 - 2005 shows less than 2% growth.

Comment

dans, you'll be fine. iirc, you're in your 30s or so. meaning that social security, although it won't really be around for all of your retirement age... you'll actually see it.

me? they'll be stealing it out of my checks until i die, but i'll have to fund my own retirement.
                            B♭3

Comment

Guess I have to move back to the motherland.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

not with 40 trillion in implicit debt as of today. That number will only go up.
                                Believe it or not, almost all industrialized countries are in a much worse situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X