Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A History of the World XII" Planning/Sign-Up Thread...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two in Europe would be perfect. You need to take a look at the map, it isn't as big as you are thinking. If I push Russia's start further east then they'd be fine in addition to two others in Europe. But it all depends on how many players we get and what people decide on the questions of settling the Americas.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• If I push Russia's start further east then they'd be fine in addition to two others in Europe. But it all depends on how many players we get and what people decide on the questions of settling the Americas.
      Russia's start? So I assume someone wants Russia.

Questions of settling the Americas? What questions still answering?

Comment

• quickvote! everyone who says we separate the new world and the old world with ocean say AYE!

(i don't want any other posts than answers to this, let's get this out of the way right now, after this is decided we decide if we put in people in the new world)
        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• quickvote! everyone who says we separate the new world and the old world with ocean say AYE!
          I say AYE chairman Lz, so my understanding is that we have an earth map (real earth map as it is ) and have N&S america to colonize later on right.

But anyway i say AYE chairman Lz

Please come for the test connection later today so we can see if we have any problems. We will test during the game time slot!

Comment

• Aye

Comment

• everyone who says we separate the new world and the old world with ocean say AYE!
              By the way can we put some shallow water in the north and south, thus allow for galleys to reach the new world (as the vikings did in history)?

Comment

• Two in Europe would be perfect. You need to take a look at the map, it isn't as big as you are thinking. If I push Russia's start further east then they'd be fine in addition to two others in Europe. But it all depends on how many players we get and what people decide on the questions of settling the Americas.
                Well as deity said earlier its up to the players, having more civs close together like in europe will add to the diplomacy - i see many like that idea Lz, Deity myself too. Also Europe may be small in size but its rich in resources so it makes up for it - then we have the new world which can aways allow smallers civs to expand there.

So we should follow close the historical begginings of each civ. Of course if ppl prefer some more space for themselves they can always pick russia or mongolia etc - but then they will be slowed down by the small resources available to them

Comment

• Players HOTW 12

US Saturday Night/Sunday Morning @ EST 12am - 3am

CS has the civ choises from:

trev
                  pinchak
                  The Capo
                  Toni
                  Heraclitus
                  LzPrst
                  deity

No civs yet from

Asmo (i will ask Asmo today to do that)
                  Marcus (Marcus as well)
                  Mr Lin (guys i'm really worried about Lin playing with us, what does the rest think?)

Comment

• Sent my crap to dude.

Due to something that came up in the last session of HOTW XI I wanted to bring this up for getting a solid response from the group as to what to do in this situation, especially if we're going to be able to colonize the old world.

This is dealing with Colonies.

When you've got a colony, which will obviously be run by AI, it is assumed that the owner of the Colony should be able to trade with them without issue, especially for their technologies.

Now, given that Technology Brokering is going to be off, should we allow agreements between the colony's parent entity and the colony itself to trade a technology to them?

Or, for instance, "You will give me Chemistry, and my colony here will give you Astronomy" to pick two random techs from my head.

And so on?

On the flip side of that, when colonies become commonplace, are we going to replace them with Humans (like from the sub list) to replace the colonial AI with a Human Colony?

That would be cool.

Me.

Comment

• Technology Brokering is going to be off
                      It is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toni
                        Mr Lin (guys i'm really worried about Lin playing with us, what does the rest think?)
                        If he reads this post I say he can play

He's got all the elements of a good diplo player but he needs to get involved in the story thread and cut back on all the in game chatter - which seems to be his story thread but it's out of context with the real stories.
                        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak

It is?
                          He means tech brokering will not be allowed.
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus

@diety
                            That's a Polly bug - I've only got one message in there!
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
                              What does that have to do with being "realistic"?
                              Well that's how the Civ 2 HOTW's started out.

Do you want civs in the New World?

And even worse, are you saying you want the Ina in Africa?

OR are you just trying to wind me up
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                                Excellent. I think 7 players is perfect.

I'm thinking 2 in Europe, 2 in Africa, 2 in Asia and one in the mideast would be perfect.
                                ozzy, it's going to be 10 players and your original Earth map is not big enough, sorry.

It has to be LARGE (not Huge or Standard)

I know this might mean more work for you but the game will fail unless we get the right sized map.

There might be one around that you can customise?

Polly downloads - I've not checked yet.
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X