Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A History of the World XII" Planning/Sign-Up Thread...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say how low can you go. We'll use Low sea level. I'm opposed to all the extra space, but the maps just seem a wee bit more interesting with low. not that there is much of a difference. an interesting detail though. compare the north and south of the new world with ours. there is a vast difference in the amount of vegetation. IRL south america is mostly a vast jungle except for the bottom part around argentina. and north america was a vast forest (stilll is in the west and north).

maybe ozzy could forest over the new world a bit while he's at it? snowclad mountains with trees on them look really cool
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• I say if Ozzy wants to tweak the terrains to make them more "Earth Like" then more power to him, & I 100% agree with the low sea-level thing. Nothing wrong with having a bit of space. Trust me, it will fill up FAST!

Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

• Low sea.

I would like to see Ozzy do some editing as far as making terrain types more consistant, and consolidating resorces for more interesting trade.

Comment

• I like what I see. And I agree with LzPrst that we should lower the seas to provide more land. I mean there's space for more territory to contend over.

And I also agree that if Ozzy does play with the resources, he could also change a few things and add some surprises of his own, if he wanted to be so bold.
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Definitely not raging barbs.
            Low Seas for definite
            Definitely another post to my account
            most definitely

Comment

• i believe we are all agreed then.

noble
              standard barbs
              low sea
              let ozzy ravage the map as he sees fit, for his and our enjoyment.
              if i've forgotten anything, please remind me.

as far as I see, the only thing not set in stone is the specific details of the points system. We should probably also establish 2 threads for the game, one Story and one Organizing. I can do this, but I don't know if Cybershy would prefer to do it, lest we bring the wrath of Ming upon us. getting good to go with days to spare!

Comment

• I didn't notice an issue with Ming in the past over two threads.

We need to make sure everyone understands that the organization thread would be OOC (Out of Character, in case anyone here is confused) and when they do post in the OOC thread they should use their actual login (ie I would use The Capo).

Only four days...
                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Ming used to have a problem with all our multiple threads. But I think he has given up caring. We've worn him down over the last decade.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Our threads keep the MP forum alive

I'd say you guys post with your in-game alliases also in the organizational thread.
                    I mean, if LzPrst says that he won't be able to play, and the byzantian civilization is missing, everybody (who can think at least a bit) will know that LzPrst is Byzantine (don't panic, this is an example )

Thus: it's best that that kinda stuff should be done in-alias as well, I think. Just an advise from an outsider
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• So no one will be able to make calls to wake people up if they don't show.

Then again if everyone is online and waiting on one person and Lz suddenly signs on to MSN and then a minute later the Byzantines show up in the lobby, that'll also be a dead give away.

I dunno, I don't think this anonymous thing is gonna last too long. But I wish you guys luck.

I'll start working on the map tonight.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• great oz!

yes. people have to post OOC in the Organization thread, but using the diplo login and without revealing your true identity... so basically, if for some reason you can't show, say as Diplo-Greece "I can't play tonight guys, fetch me a sub please, I'll mail the sub my preferences for the session"

and aren't we using diplo-logins for msn or some other instant messenger?

does that mean I don't get to play the byzantines? I seem to have forgotten which civ I chose....

Comment

• Yeah, I guess you guys are right. We would still have to remain in character in the organization thread. I hope we don't have any issues, because this would be a difficult format to resolve them in.

Alright so basically I am posting entirely as my alias during the entire Diplogame? Its going to be hard to even post on the thread at all, almost.

One Love.

Comment

• Oh yeah, and I need an MSN login of some type so its not obvious who I am. Or at least that I'm online at all.

One Love.

Comment

• Acually, why don't we all set up diplogame accounts on MSN using our diplogame e-mail accounts. In fact, if we are going to use the exact same accounts for future diplogames maybe we should use the same PW and uniform our handles.

So the handle would appear as follows;

Diplo_Tribe

What do you guys think? Obviously don't set it to automatically log in on your computer, because that too could give away your identity.

And I am trying my best not to comment on the difficulties I see with this anonymous play attempt

One Love.

Comment

• I tried to create @live.com accounts for everyone (for MSN) but MicroSoft started to block all my accounts the minute after they found out that I was creating multiple accounts.

Thus: if you need hotmail or live accounts, please all create them yourselves. Preferably all use the same account / password / name structure, like The Capo suggests, so that we can use it again in the future.

@The Capo: you can obviously use your real name as well, but just not to make references to yourself in the game

That may be hard enough though!
                                You shouldn't post: "Those %#@$ Byzantines are awfull" because that makes us know that you're not the byzantines
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X