Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That´s why I prefer Charles Bronson old kick-ass movies.
    If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Generaldoktor

Vin Diesel is supposed to play Hannibal in a new movie, evidently spurred by the success of "Troy" and "Alexander." Since we heard leaderhead art is a big cost to Firaxis, all they need do is animate a few headshots of Vin, there's a process for this. (If they can get "Spock" they can get anybody.)

No word on facial hair, but Vin usually shaves his head in his movies.
      Well, if only Firaxis took the "easy" route and made Alexander looks a bit more like Colin Farrel, rather than the 50 y.o. monstrosity we get in Civ4.
      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
      - Frank Herbert

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinus
        ...Troy was a fable to begin with.
        We have no way on knowing how much Homer embroidered the details for the sake of a good story but Troy was a real city and there really was a war.

Both movies, though, were dreadful.

Comment

Well, if only Firaxis took the "easy" route and made Alexander looks a bit more like Colin Farrel, rather than the 50 y.o. monstrosity we get in Civ4.
          Dudley Do-right with an amazing cleft-chin.
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01

Dudley Do-right with an amazing cleft-chin.
            I guess leaderhead art is on topic and nobody seems to be moderating this thread anyway, so I'll throw in that I hate the Alexander art too. Looks like Sarek from the Star Trek series, to me.

Alexander died at 33 and was probably more than a little bit lean even at that age from constant campaigning and the illness he developed towards the end. I don't know what Firaxis was thinking, but maybe they thought the Civ3 art was a little too boyish and then went too far the other way.
            You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

• and nobody seems to be moderating this thread anyway

Dream on
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Just making sure. I have a big tirade against elevator music I've been just dying to post somewhere.

Comment

• Recycle bin

Comment

• The ancient Greeks were beautiful, blonde, handsome and athletic.

There was nothing wrong with Brad Pitt as Achilles.

Comment

• The ancient Greeks were beautiful, blonde, handsome and athletic.

Or with a lot of influence to force historians into writing that they were beautiful, blone, handsome and athletic .

Comment

• Originally posted by Son of David
                        The ancient Greeks were beautiful, blonde, handsome and athletic.

I wouldn't argue with the first part, though Solver's subsequent comment is erudite. Regarding Pitt, I think some of us felt he overacted, as well as being somewhat whiny rather than tortured in the true "heroic" tradition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Generaldoktor

I wouldn't argue with the first part, though Solver's subsequent comment is erudite. Regarding Pitt, I think some of us felt he overacted, as well as being somewhat whiny rather than tortured in the true "heroic" tradition.
                          I dunno; i always imagined Achilles as a big dumb guy rather than as the slender "cool guy" that Pitt protrays regardless of what character he's playing.

But to get back on topic and end the digression, what new leaderheads does everyone think will be in it? I'm pretty sure we've got Hannibal.
                          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01

But to get back on topic and end the digression, what new leaderheads does everyone think will be in it? I'm pretty sure we've got Hannibal.
                            Bro: I AM Hannibal.
                            We will either find a way or make one. - Hannibal

Comment

• Originally posted by Son of David
                              The ancient Greeks were beautiful, blonde, handsome and athletic.

Well, a number of errors.

First of all, Alexander was a Macedonian, not a Greek.

Second, records mention he was blonde.

Thirst, it is quite reasonable to assume that he was athletic, considering his lifestyle.

Which leaves the beautiful/handsome part, which we don't know - his contemporaries tell he was handsome and his statues are rather handsome, but I will concede that these can be flattering.
                              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Second, records mention he was blonde.
                                What records? Anything actually trustworthy?

Comment

Working...
                                X