Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexander01

Well, I guess Vin Diesel would be better than the rumored Denzel Washington, but I would still prefer say, Russell Crowe?
    It's definitely going to be Vin as Hannibal. He mentioned it in an interview and Internet Movie Database has an incomplete listing for the in production movie with his name as star. I think they want somebody looking vaguely "Mediterranean," which leaves out Crowe, whose bad behavior may be slipping him off the "A" list anyway, not that Diesel was ever on it. Carthaginians were probably descended from Semites, but they spent centuries in Africa and there was probably some considerable inbreeding. Vin in real life had a black father and a white mother.

By the way, I finally got the joke about Anthony Hopkins. Hannibal, as in Hannibal LECTER!

I guess we better get back on topic now.
    You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

• you think Russel Crowe has bad behaviour - you should have seen the likes of Oliver Reed
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
        I helped test Civ4 and all I got was this lousy soda can .
        And let´s not forget the privilege of re-installing the game umpteen times
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

That's because you're not a real tester
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• "All testers are equal. But some testers are more equal than others"

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid

And let´s not forget the privilege of re-installing the game umpteen times
              Yeah, such things are a pain to do, granted.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Umpteen? I passed that long ago, I must have re-installed at least quampteen times by now .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• He's a "solver" and a tester.

Comment

• Cant wait, simply marvillous check out dis pic of augustus.
                    Attached Files
                    Empires may come and go, but the word of God remains eternal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Generaldoktor

Vin in real life had a black father and a white mother.

That's pure hypothesis. And anyway, these categories of 'white' and 'black' are pretty meaningless considering that you Americans consider both Colin Powell and Bob Mugabe to be 'black'.

Comment

• Evil rumours say that Vin had his hometown destroyed to get rid of the evidence

Comment

• Originally posted by Generaldoktor
                          Vin Diesel is supposed to play Hannibal in a new movie, evidently spurred by the success of "Troy" and "Alexander."
                          Success???

Comment

• Originally posted by potoroo

Success???
                            Probably more the success of Gladiator, and much earlier hits like Spartacus and Ben Hur.

An epic movie can be great, or it can just stink. (ie. Brad Pitt is not Achilles!)
                            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Success is a relative term. Both movies are on American cable subscriber television now and DVD rental; and like many, seem to be doing better there than at the box office. Some of these period action flicks do well when resold to Third World markets. There's no doubt Gladiator started the recent resurgence of the "spearcarrier" flick trend, but I don't know if that locks in Russell Crowe, a New Zealander who is pink as an Irishman, for Mediterranean herioc parts. (I agree Pitt was equally ridiculous, though I did like Farrell as Alex, from what I've read about him as fair-skinned and tempremental.)

Diesel claimed biracial heritage in the interview I saw. I don't know and don't think anybody does if Hannibal Barca, being of royal Carthaginian blood, was actually biracial, but Diesel has a dark, no pun intended, rather brooding presence that reminds one of many conceptions of Hannibal and definitely appears more "multi-cultural," shall we say, than Crowe. Diesel considers the role a comeback for him and a way out of flaky sci-fi or violent gangsta' flicks, where he's been sort of typecast. He actually hasn't worked in a while and is also producing and directing the Hannibal flick himself.

Really guys, I just threw this out because of the joke about Anthony Hopkins. It really is off-topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by potoroo

Success???
                                Well, Alexander was not so bad when it came to historicity, and Troy was a fable to begin with. I admit I kinda enjoyed both movies.

*runs away from the angry mob*
                                The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                                - Frank Herbert

Comment

Working...
                                X