No announcement yet.

Anybody found 'hidden' features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenochtitlán Revealed was on the CivII soundtrack.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucilla
      At first I thought it was a graphical glitch, but then I noticed, that the center of the world is marked by a dark spot.
      You can even see it, before you get the tech for centering the world map.
      I've never seen that
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I'm learning to say and speak koine Greek. What version of Greek is used in C4?
        Flash
        Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
        the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

• Wow, I've seen that dark spot once too, I kept thinking it was FOW but even when I had units move there it would not go away. I just wrote it off as a glitch, and didn't figure out that it'd be the centre of the map's surface. Cool!
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by greggbert

GOD I hate that one! I hope they're .wav files because the first thing I'll do tonight is replace it with the Harry met Sally diner sound ( you know what I'm talking about) or something else, it's awful. I'd rather listen to a carrot top 1-800-COLLECT commercial.

By the way, do you think they got ripped off by Spock on this one? The monotone way he delivers these supposedly "wonderous" and "momentus" breakthroughs is pretty lame. Was he sick that day, distracted, or just rushed? I think it's great that they got Nemoy, but but his voice acting performance is pretty bad, they all sound like he's reading off graduation names or something.
            he's Vulcan. He speaks in the same vulcan logical way he did on Star Trek.

Comment

• Originally posted by greggbert

GOD I hate that one! I hope they're .wav files because the first thing I'll do tonight is replace it with the Harry met Sally diner sound ( you know what I'm talking about) or something else, it's awful. I'd rather listen to a carrot top 1-800-COLLECT commercial.

By the way, do you think they got ripped off by Spock on this one? The monotone way he delivers these supposedly "wonderous" and "momentus" breakthroughs is pretty lame. Was he sick that day, distracted, or just rushed? I think it's great that they got Nemoy, but but his voice acting performance is pretty bad, they all sound like he's reading off graduation names or something.

Not only that but he uses the same quote by Aristotle ('the whole is greater than the sum of its parts') for TWO different technologies: replaceable parts and composites.

Comment

• If you click on the screen between the 2K logos and the Firaxis logos, all the different logos act like they were a button that you clicked
                I don't know what I've been told!
                Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                Love to press the Buster Switch!
                Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

• check these colors out.

I'm not exactly sure how I got them. I tried to move one of my workers (because it looked like he was ready to move), but the upkeep phase still hadn't finished- I had a wonder that finished the same turn, it just hadn't loaded the movie yet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Alpha Centauri colors!
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                      check these colors out.

I'm not exactly sure how I got them. I tried to move one of my workers (because it looked like he was ready to move), but the upkeep phase still hadn't finished- I had a wonder that finished the same turn, it just hadn't loaded the movie yet.
                      Hey, what are those building icons along the right-hand side of the screen?

Tom P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chirurgie

yeah, I would like to know if "playing Sid as Barbarian Civ" ain't justa spoof either

Barbarian State

"If you open the Civ4CiviliationInfos.xml file and edit the "bAIPlayable" and "bPlayable" settings to 1 instead of zero the Barbarians become playable as a civilization.

When you choose the barbarians as a civ in the menu, you will be able to choose two skill levels. Minors or barbarians." -- mabusciv

There you have it, no spoof no photoshop just a well hidden and well found feature.
                        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah
                          Looks like the SDI, something I don't instantly recognize, and a granary.
                          But if you want to know what they are doing there, those pop up when construction is finished. Click 'em and you jump to that city.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder

Looks like the SDI, something I don't instantly recognize, and a granary.
                            But if you want to know what they are doing there, those pop up when construction is finished. Click 'em and you jump to that city.
                            Is that a MOD you have or is that ingame?

I'd kinda like that.

Tom P.

Comment

• It's ingame. But if you have under options the popups selected you jump first to finished productions at the start of a turn so have barely a chance to see those icons.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah

Tom P.
                                Those are the improvements/units/projects completed this turn. For some reason, after the patch, the popups for what to build in each city that just completed something come up at the end of the turn now, instead of the beginning. I don't like this, but I'm used to it. So at the beginnning of the turn, all I get is those icons telling me what's completed.

Comment

Working...
                                X