No announcement yet.

Anybody found 'hidden' features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (in one of the next updates of the moonmod)
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Moonmod?
      /me realizes he should visit the mod forum(no, not that one) more often, that is, more than almost never.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• If you insist...
        (note that the latest downloadlink can be found somewhere in the last two/three pages)
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• "Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be."

I've only noticed this from Caesar and only after I'd launched a huge unprovoked attack that reduced him to two cities. I thought it must be a clever reference to his reputed admiration for Alexander.

(My attack was unprovoked but not unreasonable - Iron-working had shown me two iron resources in Roman territory not yet being mined. No Praetorians for Julius if I could help it!)

Comment

• No, I've got that one from several leaders throughout the games I've played through.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Watch the credits to the very, very end.

A quote above a photo of various staffers reads...

"It's perfect but you want more..."
              Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you

Comment

• nerds
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Gosh. They look ....... normal! Where are the tatoos and ponytails?

Comment

• I posted this in another thread in strategy, but I'll post it here as well. Okay it's not a feature, but a graphical bug.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• that graphical 'bug' can be solved just by alt-tab to window then alt-tab back to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophile58
                        "Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be."

I've only noticed this from Caesar and only after I'd launched a huge unprovoked attack that reduced him to two cities. I thought it must be a clever reference to his reputed admiration for Alexander.

(My attack was unprovoked but not unreasonable - Iron-working had shown me two iron resources in Roman territory not yet being mined. No Praetorians for Julius if I could help it!)
                        It's one of several Bette Middler lyric quotes in the game. I've got it several times, myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                          Wow, I've seen that dark spot once too, I kept thinking it was FOW but even when I had units move there it would not go away. I just wrote it off as a glitch, and didn't figure out that it'd be the centre of the map's surface. Cool!
                          On a related subject...

There's always an area in the ocean, 3x3 in size, that's of a deeper shade of blue. Does anybody know what that is?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash
                            I'm learning to say and speak koine Greek. What version of Greek is used in C4?
                            Learning to read Koine Greek is possible.
                            Learning to speak it is impossible, since there's nobody alive anymore who knows how it should be spoken.

I'm learning Koine Greek as well and that's what my professor told me. Everybody who thinks he knows how it should be spoken is cute but defenitely not somebody you should take serious
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

Learning to read Koine Greek is possible.
                              Learning to speak it is impossible, since there's nobody alive anymore who knows how it should be spoken.

I'm learning Koine Greek as well and that's what my professor told me. Everybody who thinks he knows how it should be spoken is cute but defenitely not somebody you should take serious
                              details details
                              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badtz Maru

It's one of several Bette Middler lyric quotes in the game. I've got it several times, myself.
                                Well... it's one of several lyric quotes. Since Bette Midler did very little original work (she did mostly covers) it stands to reason thed get attributed to her.

That particular song was made famous, originally, by Lou Rawls.

Tom P.
                                P.S. The song Rose is not a Bette Midler song either. It's been done by many artists and was written for Conway Twitty if I'm not mistaken. Check the link for the BMI entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X