No announcement yet.

Anybody found 'hidden' features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you zoom up real close to your cities, they play music. I think each leader has different city music, as Washington had some music I didn't recognize at the time, and Roosevelt (gag) played the Marine Hymn.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Generalisimo
      Well, being a native spanish speaker with some VERY BASIC knowledge of italian (probably the same that i have of portuguese)... i can understand what an italian guy is saying better than what a portuguese guy says.
      Here with the Mercosur, it is really easy to find brazilian people that doesn't know spanish... and unless they say something in spanish, you usually do not understand very well what they are saying... part of the problem is that many words have completelly different meanings... so, you think you "are understanding"... but they are saying a completelly different thing.
      It is far easier for me to read portuguese... i will surelly understand more... but again, the misunderstandings will surelly appear.
      On the other hand, i have read some romanian and i have managed to understand most of it... sadly, i never heard it, so i can't tell you if i can understand what a romanian guy says...
      Abouth french... i do not understand a word of it... nada de nada...
      My experience is colored in many different ways.

First off, none of these is my native tongue, English is.

Second, My father was from PR but I learned Spanish in High School, forgot most of it, and relearned as a way to talk to my girlfriend (from Mexico).

Third, I learned Portugese as a subset of Spanish (since I already knew Spanish from my last girlfriend). I would actually translate from English to Spanish to Portugese and then back the other way to talk to people for the first few weeks.

In the interim I've tried learning (with varying success) Russian, German, French, Tagalog, Mandarin, Japanese and Gaelic.

So I guess I'm not the best to ask.

Tom P.
      Although, FWIW my Dad said the same thing as you guys about Italian. He had no trouble at all communicating in Spanish there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brutus66

Is this for real?
        yeah, I would like to know if "playing Sid as Barbarian Civ" ain't justa spoof either

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

I've heard this on the street as well.
          That's actually a rumor that was started by the French after her demise...not something that was ever substantiated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ipschnug

The one thing that cracks me up every time is hearing Leonard Nimoy quote Sputnik: "beep......beep.....beep"
            GOD I hate that one! I hope they're .wav files because the first thing I'll do tonight is replace it with the Harry met Sally diner sound ( you know what I'm talking about) or something else, it's awful. I'd rather listen to a carrot top 1-800-COLLECT commercial.

By the way, do you think they got ripped off by Spock on this one? The monotone way he delivers these supposedly "wonderous" and "momentus" breakthroughs is pretty lame. Was he sick that day, distracted, or just rushed? I think it's great that they got Nemoy, but but his voice acting performance is pretty bad, they all sound like he's reading off graduation names or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyy13andy
              I like the Egyptian chick myself.
              She looks like one of those bratz dolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by greggbert
                I think it's great that they got Nemoy, but but his voice acting performance is pretty bad, they all sound like he's reading off graduation names or something.
                I must say that, before the game came out, I was happy to hear that L. Nemoy was hired to do some voice-over in CivIV, but he sounds so disinterested by what he is doing that I can't help feeling somewhat disappointed. Didn't he come out with a book entitled I Am Not Spock? Well, if he were to have included just a little bit of emotion into the CivIV job, I might have been inclined to believe him!

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah

Second, My father was from PR
                  Hey

I had nothing to do with it.....
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Even the barbarians can build wonders. "Say, is that the Colossus?"

Comment

• When you open the City Info screen and hear the crowd noise, someone says "Hi, mom."

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinus

They are also quotes from Gone With The Wind.

I almost fell of my chair when Washington contacted me asking for a tech and saying "I have always relied on the kindness of strangers".
                        I laughed at this one too, having not long ago had the pleasure of showing to English students in High School a recent version of A Streetcar Named Desire.
                        I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brutus66
                          Be the first to sail around the world and get an extra movement point for your ships.
                          Way to read the original post!
                          Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Comment

• Originally posted by polarnomad
                            Didn't he come out with a book entitled I Am Not Spock?
                            Yes... but I seem to remember him following it up with a book called 'I am Spock'. I recall doubting his sanity a little after reading it...
                            "The asteroid to kill this dinosaur is still in orbit."
                            -- Lex User Manual

Comment

• And that was before he took up photography...
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• At first I thought it was a graphical glitch, but then I noticed, that the center of the world is marked by a dark spot.
                                You can even see it, before you get the tech for centering the world map.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X