Anybody found 'hidden' features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiL
    They changed the icon for the education tech. At one point early they showed Civ4 = $ on the chalk board. Now it's just 1+1=2 (or something, I don't remember)
    [speculation]
    This could be a bug in the date of an easter egg (interpreting $ as gold). Looks like the game was rushed out .
    [/speculation]

Comment

• Originally posted by Adm.Naismith Some course of study still teach latin, but it's not really a need when you look for a job, while a couple of foreign languages can be the icing of the cake...
      heheh. The correct expression is, "Icing ON the cake".
      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

• Anyone else find the 'grab mode' to drag the map?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia

And there is quite a few snippets from the new version of Pirates! as well.

I think the song playing in Montezuma's background is actually "Technotitlan (spelling horribly mangled) Revealed", although it does bear a similarity to the Civ2 menu music.

I was overjoyed to hear my favourite song from Civ2, Shining Path, playing in the background when chatting with Mao. I don't think I've picked up on the Oracle music, though - mainly because the audio in my wonder movies isn't working properly...
          Wow...you all remember the music names from Civ2? Damn...I turned the music off after a short time, and never got around to their names at least. It was a nice ambiance I guess... Is the music style still the same? That is, quiet and mellow?
          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

• Shining Path was my favorite, too.

"Hello, this is [OUR_NAME]. [OUR_CIV_SHORT] is not at home right now: please leave your name and number and we'll get back to you when pigs have wings." - Kublai Khan's Refuse-To-Talk message.

Edit: AHAHAHA!

"It is far too late for peace, you silly [CT_CIV_ADJ] person! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!" - Louis XIV's Refuse-Peace message

"I wonder, [CT_NAME]: how many hanging chads did it take to get you into office?" - Cyrus' Annoyed Greeting Message
            Last edited by Bill3000; November 4, 2005, 23:25.
            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by LzPrst
              not really a bonus per se, but when my flatmate had beaten the russians badly and demanded a large city in the peace negotiations, catherine SLAPPED him! her hand flew across the screen and the whole screen image shook

LMAO- now THAT is something I would pay to see!

Comment

• Another little thing which might otherwise get overlooked - one of Kublai Khan's messages says something along the lines of "Welcome to China blah blah blah!" It was a small point, but as he's a Mongol civ leader, I thought that was a nice point of historical accuracy to put in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mace
                  heheh. The correct expression is, "Icing ON the cake".
                  Thanks for the correction! I'm sure my posts are full of errors, but I really can't improve my english as I would like.

BTW I don't like icing on the cake anyway, so maybe it's a kind of freudian mistake.
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• I was amused by the 'structure' built up in the wonder movie for 'Rock and Roll'

Comment

• Originally posted by RobC
                      Anyone else find the 'grab mode' to drag the map?
                      But I can't control it! Tell me the trick.
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                        I didn't do a full study yet, but I know, that they add +1 hammer to lumbermills.
                        +1 spt to lumbermills and mines. That's it.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Not really a hidden feature as such but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and it could be easily missed.

Once you get Civil Service, you can start farm chaining. That is put a farm on a tile next to a river, then you can put another farm on the next tile out using the first farm as the source. No problems there.

What caught me out is that, unlike civ3, if you remove the first farm from the link, all subsequent farms loose the farm benefit until the link to the fresh water source is restored. The graphic doesn't change back and they just display as farms that arn't being worked.

Comment

• You can play as the barbarians, and Sid is your leader...

Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

• strudo: that's mentioned in civilopedia with civil service: "farms can carry irrigation"

other stuff:
                              barbarians still do respawn and sometimes pretty quickly. in a terra map i had captured out all barb cities (one was at size 11 (!!!) with fully irrigated grasslands) and just 3 turns later there was a new one. with a defending longbowman. it only gave 1 gold so i guess the reap of the city is correllating with its age.
                              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

But I can't control it! Tell me the trick.
                                Hold down both the right and left mouse buttons and drag the map.

EDIT: I thought you were getting the game in December, Aro. You find a pusher somewhere? Or did I miss something?
                                Last edited by polarnomad; November 6, 2005, 14:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X