No announcement yet.

Anybody found 'hidden' features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
      Apolyton is once again, the last Greek city in the city list.
      The stupid shall be punished.
      www.akulla3D.com
      ^^^
      "Never interupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by Aro

December, IIRC. This info is somewhere at CivBrasil.
        Thanks, Aro. I was about to PM you to ask where you got that info... I wonder why it will be released here so late. Maybe they'll translate it to Portuguese, that's the only reason for such a delay. I'd rather have the English version. The translated game will be a nightmare to update because we'll have to wait for the Portuguese patch... Bleh.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Wow. Thanks for driving an otherwise good topic to the ground with OT discussion.

I posted this as a semi-bug, but it kind of also counts as a hidden feature...

It is too easy to completely miss the opening sequence where Leonard Nimoy reads the standard... what... was it Civ II... creation of the Earth story. The visual sequence is too slow and you have no idea that a story is being told there. So it is easy to miss.

What am I talking about? When you start a new game, and it creates the world. Don't instantly hit "play game" when it is ready. Linger and enjoy.

See? Leonard does more than just beep like Sputnik.

Comment

Originally posted by mantari
            See? Leonard does more than just beep like Sputnik.
            Yeah, I didn't catch that until my second time through. He added a nice 'Documentary' feeling to the game.

Anybody have other features that are game-rule related?

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
              You don't count, because you were posting when offtopic posts counted. *pfft*
              Mao "posting"? Is that what we call spamming these days?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Quiet Imran

Wait, when did Nemoy come into this game??? Was he in Civ3??? God...I've been missing out...
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

He reads a short quote whenever you discover a tech. He also does a few other blurbs like the intro thing

No he wasn't in Civ3

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
                    Apolyton is once again, the last Greek city in the city list.
                    Did CivFanatics get a mention?
                    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Not really a "hidden" feature per se, but the fact that Montezuma's theme is basically a remix of the Civ II opening music amused me.
                      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I haven't dealed with Monty yet, but seem to recall, that one of my cities played that tune...

One nifty thing I noticed, when you tell a buddhist missionary to "sleep", he sits down and starts to meditate.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                          Not really a "hidden" feature per se, but the fact that Montezuma's theme is basically a remix of the Civ II opening music amused me.
                          Actually, a lot of music is a remix of music used in earlier Sid's games.

Washington has one of the tunes from Colonization (admittedly, it wasn't an original piece, but still). Elisabeth, Frederick, Alexander, Ceasar and few others all use their music from Civ 1 and Civ 2. When you build an Oracle, the movie plays the Gaian tune from SMAC (the piano piece that played during the project movie for the blossoming fungus, whatever it was called). Internet movie also sounds like something out of SMAC.

I think it is great, in a nostalgic way, for all the long time players.
                          The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                          - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by zafzo
                            I laugh my ass off when I get leaders quoting lines from Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings". So far I've gotten:

"Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be."

and also

"You are the wind beneath my wings."

Some of those devs have a sick sense of humor.
                            They are also quotes from Gone With The Wind.

I almost fell of my chair when Washington contacted me asking for a tech and saying "I have always relied on the kindness of strangers".
                            The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                            - Frank Herbert

Comment

Didn't see this mentioned before but it looks like railroads add +1 production to a production square and +1 commerce to a commerce square. They seem to have no effect on food squares though.
                              "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

are you sure about that? if that is true then people will spam rails on every tile like in civ1-3. and the betatesters said this was one of the improvements.

are you sure you didn't get your improvement from the civics? towns get +1 production with iirc universal suffrage. or more likely: you've got a golden age because you built taj mahal
                                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X