Anybody found 'hidden' features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeoModder
    It's ingame. But if you have under options the popups selected you jump first to finished productions at the start of a turn so have barely a chance to see those icons.
    maybe that's why the popups come at the end of my turn now. That makes sense. As the patch did reset all my options- which pissed me off. I must have forgot to change the popup option.

Comment

• The icon that was not recognized was Hollywood.

How do you get into the game to adjust those feature? I haven't been able to find any file like that to open
      I don't know what I've been told!
      Deirdre's got a Network Node!
      Love to press the Buster Switch!
      Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brutus66
        Word on the street is that she likes horses. I mean, she really likes horses.
        Woohoo! Acording the the Chinese, Im a horse. Zodiac mind you.

Comment

• Chinese ain't got no Zodiac, that's an ancient greek thing.

Comment

• Bumped to inform settlers about hidden features.

Comment

• If you didn't post in almost every single thread, this one wouldn't go down to the second page that fast.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I get those popups on the right because I have chosen 'minimize pop ups' in the options. Its essential for multiplayer otherwise you get every popup under the sun coming up before you get the chance to complete the double move sneak attack you were tryng to pull off
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Originally posted by gdijedi7
                  The icon that was not recognized was Hollywood.

How do you get into the game to adjust those feature? I haven't been able to find any file like that to open
                  In the options (under gameplay I believe), click the option: minimize popups. Personally I don't like that. I only had it that way because the patch reset all my options.

Comment

• Many of you have probably found this already, but as it hasn't been mentioned...

If you are on a map with two ocean/lakes seperated by only a single solid land square (bordered by coast squares) it is possible to build a city on that land square and use it to move ships between the two bodies of water (a Panama Canal effect). The ships can enter the coast squares as normal, then enter the city on one side, leaving from the other.

Comment

• That's been in Civ since day 1.

Comment

• "If you didn't post in almost every single thread, this one wouldn't go down to the second page that fast. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          That's been in Civ since day 1.
                          Unfortunately, they don't have a canal improvement. If there were two (or more) squares of land between bodies of water in Civ I, you could put cities down adjacent to each other and make a "canal." That was lost in Civ II when you could no longer build adjacent to an existing city.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Thank god.

Comment

• How long canals do you want, anyway? Canals capable of taking on ocean-going ship, in the real world, are never particularly long.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• I want a canal to go from India through Russia to end in France
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X