No announcement yet.

FG Mafia 65: Near Death Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Paddy's death the two cans of Tuborg were a reference to a posting in the CIV4 Warlords Team demo game. It was just a joke.

However it did spark off the cans of beer mentions which were good fun.

Likewise the Ark and capuchin monkey reference were not meant to refer to christian themes.

It is funny that I missed the reference to mud in the Iroquois creation myth, otherwise I might have been more careful about Adrians death and his foot in the mud.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
      Why are turtles a clue to Kuciwalker?

He was the zoo keeper for that exhibit as specifically mentioned in the scene setter.

If you had been the mafia. there would have been lots of dog breeds mentions dropped casually into the narrative.

Guilt by association

Comment

• Wait, the whole breakfast thing wasn't an avatar clue? As soon as I saw that I was eating pancakes (everyone knows I would only eat waffles for breakfast ) I thought I was doomed

Comment

• Pizza would have been a better and still obscure Ninja turtle clue.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
            Pizza would have been a better and still obscure Ninja turtle clue.

ACK!

You're right I forgot about Pizza

Comment

• No wonder we can't get the mafia without luck, much of the clues are real obscure.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Ninja turtles are not obscure

Comment

• but im not from utah and ben kenobi isnt from san antonio. In all honesty im from san antonio and tuber is fron utah and ben well he is a freaking canadian so i dont know how those clues would have pin pointed anything.
                  I dont now or nor have i ever lived in logan utah, Hell im not sure i even now where it is at. Me and tuber live in a small city close to san antonio tx
                  Oh well it was a good game, after the spaced got killed i told tuber it has to be kuci since he is the youngest player. i was still stuc on the child like foot prints
                  Last edited by Mrs. Tuberski; June 12, 2007, 13:20.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• This is from Ben Kenobi's profile

Quote Emperor
                    San Antonio TX

Where's the canada in that? .

And Tuberski had in previous Mafia games been associated with the Utah label. So I linked both You and Tubs there for the purpose of the story.

And nobody objected at the scene setting stage.

Comment

• If Kuci was the Turtle keeper why is he Chordata? That's rather, erm, broad... and you don't expect us to actually read the OP, do you

But glad I got the accidental clue
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                        This is from Ben Kenobi's profile

Quote Emperor
                        San Antonio TX

Where's the canada in that? .

And Tuberski had in previous Mafia games been associated with the Utah label. So I linked both You and Tubs there for the purpose of the story.

And nobody objected at the scene setting stage.
                        No dont get me wrong tuber is from utah ur right on that. if that was a clue it threw me cause im not from utah. I have no clue why ben kenobi has SA Tx in his profile. Far as i know BK lives in British columbia canada. But all in all it was a good game, I never really pay attention to where anyone lives or is from. Guess thats why the lack of knowledge of virgina clues, i never knew kuci was from virginia.
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I believe BK was from SA, TX at one point (college?). Or living there, anyway.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I believe BK was from SA, TX at one point (college?). Or living there, anyway.
                            First off, I have only been in San Antonio for 3 months two summers ago for a long trip. I loved it so much down there that I've kept it as my location field since. It's a beautiful place to live.

Secondly, I just graduated from Prince George BC, which is where I am now. I was born in Burnaby BC, and lived in the Lower Mainland until I was three when I moved to Prince George.

I went to college down in Vancouver and then came to Texas for that three month stint.

Again, as Tuberski and I were discussing earlier, I ain't a native born Texan just I liked it there and I honour it with my location field.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                            X