Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately not.

Comment

• I guess I should build a research lab a little later then to get started..
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Unfortunately not. All research has to be done by each player on their own. It'd be rather broken if research could be traded.

Also: shipment of stuff sent to bT, ETA 5 hours. (I really should research impulse 5 at some point.)
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• BinTravkin:

I'd suggest you to only spend the next one hour or two on your web-browser. You'll have to give an order every 5 minutes or so for 2 hours, and things will seriously begin to get going

I advise you to build several levels of metal first (say, 4-5), and the adequate solar power plants to go with it. After that, build 2-3 levels of crystal mines, one level of deuterium, and always the solar power plants to go with. Don't bother with robotic factories or research labs for now: invest everything in your production ability.

A mistake I made when I first started Ogame was to be paranoid about defense. I thought all other players would be watching me to pillage me But being attacked is actually not too bad when you're a noob (you have so few resources that you are generally not worth the effort, especially if you spend them regularly). And when you're attacked, you don't lose any building: just 1/4 of your resources, and whatever part of your fleet that got destroyed.

You should soon get the gist of increasing your production ability. I'd personally advise you to build three lvl 12 mines (and the adequate solar power plants) before getting started. That way, you'll have an acceptable (if not terrific) economy to support your research and your own attacks

During your buildup, you might want to build a few levels of a robotic factory. It's always good to have, and the early levels dramatically speed up production, which is always a bonus
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• You also need level 2 robot factory to build a shipyard.

Oh, and raiders take 1/2 of the resources on a planet if they win, not only 1/4.

Comment

• I've just sent you 8k metal, 5k crystal, and 1.5k Deut . It'll arrive in 2 hours.

It sounds gigantic when one has just started, but since the expanses are exponentially higher, it will only help you buildup a bit more a medium levels (something like the lvls 10)
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Thanks for the useful tip!

Just ran out of metal..
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Should I be wary of riders at this stage then?

Comment

• Not in the slightest. You'll have noob protection (explained in a post either on this page, or the last one), and there won't be anything to steal, so there's no point in anyone attacking you. If anyone ever does, then post their co-ords here, and we'll get around to beating them back to the stone age.

Comment

• It's good to have mighty friends!

Let's conquer the Universe [8]!

Comment

• 5k metal 2.5k C 2.5k D in the post to BT ~3 hours

I will send you some metal by special delivery as well

I think with all this help it will change the early game dramatically for you. perhaps investing in robotic factorys when you can as you still have a lot of stuff you need to build, and we can help you with the resources all those buildings are going to need
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• (just dont get caught with more than one account in each universe because they are bit trigger happy with the banning rod)
                          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Thanks!
                            Im stuck atm, though - have too little mins to build anything.
                            One delivery of 40mins arrived, but Im still some80 mins short of solar which I need because my energy is like -3/48

Read about fleetsaving and noob protection, thanks!

Can anyone explain how exactly energy works?

Comment

• Oh, and don't send me anything for a while - I will order my last build now and be back online in a hour (right when deliveries arrive).

Hope that does not make too much difference.

And I am already enjoying this a LOT!

Comment

• (just dont get caught with more than one account in each universe because they are bit trigger happy with the banning rod)
                                I am happy with my Uni8 account for now..

Comment

Working...
                                X