No announcement yet.

OGame: The Next Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But you should not be using your deuterium for Galaxy views if you can help it, understandable that you wanted to see your own screen but unless you need to see who else is out there i wouldn't suggest you go there. (your deuterium will be needed to upgrade your (1) Robotic Factory to level two so that you can (2) Build your shipyard and construct ships and (3) fuel your ships to go raid your neighbours ).

When you get close to this we will help you find a nearby, undefended, inactive target

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Okay, won't be touching those screens now, until real need arises..
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Is there a chat channel or other IM discussion thingie for our alliance btw?
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• You can send messages within the alliance screen or circular messages to everyone in the alliance (Germanos sent us a circular message letting us know you were now part of the alliance).

I will send you a message now.
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I've just scanned the systems 51 to 200 in galaxy 2, looking for JOs, and for kowriv.

There is a small JO presence in 2:117, 2:120, 2:122.
            2:121 and 2:124 are dens of sharks, plenty of JO planets there (2:121 is also where DarkCloud is).
            Last edited by Spiffor; November 13, 2005, 14:40.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Can't wait to dispatch my first batlleship there!

Comment

• for the hack of it, I searched for kowriv around his main planet: within 30 systems either way, there is no sign of him.

As far as JO is conceirned: I only find noobs, so I'm not worried.
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• I've already done that, but for 50 systems each way. Nothing.
                  But he must still have ships to raid Odin, despite Skanky's blowing the heck out of him. I'm tempted to scan every galaxy over time, and then instead of taking screenshots, copy all of them into Word or Excel, so I can find planets and players quickly. The trouble is that it would go out of date quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                    I've already done that, but for 50 systems each way. Nothing.
                    Thanks

But he must still have ships to raid Odin, despite Skanky's blowing the heck out of him.

His ships could easily have been out raiding. To Odin's place for example. Note that Odin only posted he was raided again, but that any additional info lacked. We are practicly blind.
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• So, what should I research first?
                      I have
                      L9MM, L4CM, L1DS, L7Sol, L2robo, L1Lab and L1 Shipyard being built atm.

Comment

• Just look at the technology screen, and work out what you want, and then what you'll require for it.

Comment

• Hmm, germanos advised me to go for cargo vessels and raid someone.

At the same time I read in the tips some people are really good with building defenses to a level noone dares to show their nose near their planet.

I went for cargo vessels, but wonder if I should've done the other path.
                          I now have around 10k for both metal and crys and 5k or deut, so could be a good target for a newb..

Comment

• Not really. You'll be informed by message long before anyone will arrive, so can then use all your resources and make their raid pointless. As Sparrow promised earlier, build some small cargoes, and then we'll let you know where an undefended inactive is in your area, so you can grab some free resources with no risk.

Resources on Melga 1 [2:70:12] at 11-13 22:02:14
                            Metal: 20447 Crystal: 3864
                            Deuterium: 529 Energy: 424
                            Fleets
                            Defence
                            Buildings
                            Metal Mine 10 Crystal Mine 6
                            Deuterium Synthesizer 2 Solar Plant 9
                            Robotic Factory 1
                            Research
                            Chance of counterespionage:0%

Here's a suitable raid for your first shot.
                            This guy has been inactive for 2 weeks, and has neither a fleet nor any defences, so there's nothing to worry about.

Now remember that the small cargo will only hold 5k of resources, plus the deut required as fuel, and you can take half of this guy's resources in a single attack. You should build a second deut synthesiser as soon as you can afford it, because raiding will require a fair bit more than just level 1 can provide.
                            Last edited by duke o' york; November 13, 2005, 16:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by binTravkin
                              At the same time I read in the tips some people are really good with building defenses to a level noone dares to show their nose near their planet.
                              some guy near me, before I visited:
                              Defence
                              Missile Launcher 180 Small Laser 50
                              Heavy Laser 40 Gauss Cannon 10
                              Ion Cannon 1 Plasma Cannon 1

when I was done:
                              Defence
                              Heavy Laser 21 Ion Cannon 1

My advice: invest in cargo ships and lift off everything somebody else might want.
                              Defenses are really not a high priority.

But that's just me.

Comment

• Thanks!
                                I'll raid him at the very first opportunity!

Comment

Working...
                                X