No announcement yet.

OGame: The Next Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw - is there any way to actually take a planet for yourself?

And are colony ships a good investment?
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Yes. You can't capture planets - only the resources held on them, but you can settle uninhabited planets. Most of us have several colonies spread across the 4 main galaxies (and Spiffor has disappeared somewhere miles away ). The major trouble is that colony ships are very slow, and if they reach a planet and find someone else has beaten them to it, then it's a long trip home.

Comment

• Well, I have an empty space for a colony right next to me (next planet - 13th in my solar system), so I guess it'd be good if I took it, right?
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• BinTravkin:

You might want to build a few light freighters with the resources we sent you. They'll be useful to attack inactive and defenseless players, whose resources are ripe for the taking (this is also known as "milking cows"). It's a sound economic investment

I'd also advise not to invest too much in research and shipyards for now, bar to get a handful of light freighters. Your mines are weak, especially your Deuterium. It's still a bit insufficient for research, and it is definitely insufficient to raise a fleet

But don't worry . With more economic infrastructure, you'll be quickly a serious player in the Apolliance
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by binTravkin
            Well, I have an empty space for a colony right next to me (next planet - 13th in my solar system), so I guess it'd be good if I took it, right?
            Don't rush for it. The techs are failry expansive for an early player, and the price of a colony ship is something significant even for an "old" (3 weeks) player like me (10k metal, 20k crystal and 10k deut).

Colonies pay for themselves after a while, once you've developed them well. But as long as the costs of improving the infrastructure on your home planet aren't excessive, colonies aren't really needed.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• Hey Spiffor, Im currently just one tech (combustion 2 - lack 300 more deut for it) away from building some small riders!

I don't invest anything heavy atm except metal+energy and Im getting the prereqs for small cargos.

After that I will see about following:
              1.increasing my cryst/deut output
              2.getting up to colony ship (have an empty planet right nex to me).

Comment

• Don't rush for it. The techs are failry expansive for an early player, and the price of a colony ship is something significant even for an "old" (3 weeks) player like me (10k metal, 20k crystal and 10k deut).
                Argh..

Okay, then I will increase cryst/deut anyways (metal is starting to take huge amounts of time and resources to build up).

Comment

Argh..
                  Indeed

To give you an idea, I've founded a colony at the end of the universe exactly one week ago. This colony's mission was to spread my seed in the whole (empty) colar system. Now, it sure would have been faster with extra resources at the beginning, and with more free time on my part.

However, one week after, this self-sufficient colony still hasn't produced any ship, let alone a colony ship. It is 11/12/6/13, and I'm now saving resources to expand my deut extraction. With luck, I should have my aim of 12/12/12 in two days, and this colony could be building its first colony ship in 3 days.

(And I already have all the techs required for colonization!)

Comment

• Should I build a light fighter while cargos are unavailable?

Comment

• Nah, that's useless, and they'd cost you a few hours of resource-gathering.

Comment

Should I build a light fighter while cargos are unavailable?
                        Don't bother.
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• 2:121 and 2:124 are dens of sharks, plenty of JO planets there (2:121 is also where DarkCloud is).
                          ha ha
                          --
                          BinTravkin- you're certainly further out ahead than me if you're already building ships- I just barely set up a solar energy gathering structure.

--
                          Right now though I have a dearth of crystal- I only have 800 and can't really build anything else right now (just upgraded to shipyard 2)
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• They sent me a huge swath of resources right away, ask for some assistance you too.
                            I am almost ready for building cargo vessels now and then raiding - I only lack 210 deut for the combustion 2 tech and noone can send it to me in short order although Felch advertised he has deut in great expense..

Comment

• germanos and I are shipping it to you now. Wait 5 or so minutes, don't look at the galaxy screen (), and you'll have enough.

Comment

• Huh, [edit]94 more needed, Germanos seem to have messed it, he sent me a fleet of zero cargo (said be sending 50 deut)..

Comment

Working...
                                X