Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OGame: The Next Generation

The new Ogame thread! Thanks to Child of Thor for luring us into this game

This is what its about and where you can sign up.

and the old threads are here:
    Thread 1 Thread 2 Thread 3 Thread 4

IMPORTANT
    If one needs to coordinate attacks, stick to the server-time of the game (to be viewed from the 'Overview'-screen in-game.
    The server-time is the same for everybody, and thus avoids time-zone problems or DST-matters.

Bashing Rules - Don't get yourself banned!
    The maximum number of fleets attacking @ 1 planet per 24 hours is 9(when you´re not in war with your victim).

These 9 attacking fleets must be distributed in 3 waves. 1 wave is, when 3 fleets arrive within 30 minutes.

example:

00:01 am fleet 1 \
    00:17 am fleet 2 > wave 1 = attack no1
    00:29 am fleet 3 /

00:33 am fleet 4 \
    00:45 am fleet 5 > wave 2 = attack no2
    01:01 am fleet 6 /

10:10 pm fleet 7 \
    10:11 pm fleet 8 > wave 3 = attack no3
    10:12 pm fleet 9 /
    Last edited by Skanky Burns; November 15, 2005, 07:13.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Can you not copy today's alliance list instead?
    I'm doing much better now.

Comment

I'll be updating that at some point in the future, but for now I'm heading to sleep. I've already fleetsaved.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Atragon
        Argh! I got hit again last night... re-lost my fleet

I need to start fleetsaving...

You are also making Droth stronger and thus more difficult to hit!

"post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
          Can you not copy today's alliance list instead?
          I'm doing much better now.
          Done
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by germanos

You are also making Droth stronger and thus more difficult to hit!

How was I to anticipate that he'd attack for less than 10K of haulable metal and crystal? Ok, ok, so he hauled off 50K in deut and a massive debris field, but I'd have expected more sanity out of the guy.

Comment

How was I to anticipate that he'd attack for less than 10K of haulable metal and crystal? Ok, ok, so he hauled off 50K in deut and a massive debris field, but I'd have expected more sanity out of the guy.
              Did I just read that right?

50k Deut?

He knows you want to get even, so crashing a fleet is quite nice in itself. He may not have had any better targets.
              And if there was 50 k Deut to top it...

I hit actives for less.

Comment

I now officially fail to understand the scoring system:

There is this fat inactive nearby, who keeps swinging from noob to hittable over the past week. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by germanos
                  I now officially fail to understand the scoring system:

There is this fat inactive nearby, who keeps swinging from noob to hittable over the past week. What gives?
                  I'd suspect someone else is raiding him and the size of his resource stockpile is fluctuating between hittable and non-hittable.

As for the 50K deut, do you have any idea how huge a deut surplus I run? Research tends to be M or C heavy and most of my cows tend to have decent D supplies.

Comment

my pilots don't get out of bed for less than 75k total res these days.

i've got a massive duet surplus now, so if anyone wants 100k or so, then let me know and we'll do a deal.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I'd suspect someone else is raiding him and the size of his resource stockpile is fluctuating between hittable and non-hittable.

As for the 50K deut, do you have any idea how huge a deut surplus I run? Research tends to be M or C heavy and most of my cows tend to have decent D supplies.
                      Well, I guess you learned the hard way

I did find myself a good way to get rid of my Deut surplus:

Interplanatary missiles: 12.5/2.5/10

Comment

Nice, too bad I'll need a metric assload of M and C to build a level 4 silo first... while using the same metric assload to rebuild a fleet.

Comment

germ, i'm close to interplanetary missles too, will have them by tomorrow, i've got a few juicy targets for them as well. the only slight concern i have is that many smallish alliances must have me on their ****list by now, as a large proportion of my raiding is against planets in small alliances.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I've started to lose points(rank?) from the end of last week. I'd gotten to about 4800 and was expecting to get the big "your over 5000 points slapdown". Now i'm on around 3500 and i'm not sure why. I've still been building up my two planets, researching lots and increasing planet based defenses, so i'm not sure why?
                            Does anyone know if your points are based on how you are doing compared to the other players in your system?

And i'd like to say cheers to Snotty for being a good host on the weekend and showing me Civ4 in action
                            I finaly have seen a game that has prompted me to make the long promised PC upgrade - so i know what santa will be getting me

hopefuly Snotty can resolve his access to Ogame issues....... before someone creeps in and takes his resources
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The drawback of IPM's is their range: (Impulse*2)-1. But that's fine for me

For those still colonizing: you might consider this as you space out your colonies.

I'm currently workin on killing all the unaligned actives. So far I'm doing OK. The missiles will help to bring down the bigger ones.

I'm seriously contemplating shifting from Large Cargo's to small ones. The large ones slow down my forces, the small ones don't. For fast raiding, they're excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X